Review of Sony SMP-N100

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
In the review of the Sony SMP-N100 it states that all the 'N100's features are available in the BDP-S370. I assume that means that they are also available in my 'S570.

Does anyone know how, with one of these players, to stream a video file from network storage? I've had a play but can't for the life of me figure it out.

Cheers,

Dan.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, assuming the player is connected to the network and can 'see' the NAS, and the files you want to stream are a) in the shared video folder and b) in a format the Sony BD machine can play, it should just be a matter of navigating to the file, then click and play.

Just tried it on the Netbox again, and it works fine with an .avi file I managed to find on one of our computers.

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Andrew. After consulting the manual (which I probably should have done first!) I think the issue is that my network storage is not recognised as a 'DLNA server'. I'm using an Apple Time Capsule. I don't suppose you have any idea whether it's possible to install DLNA server software on it? I realise it's not a 'proper' NAS. At the moment I'm hooking my MacBook directly up to my HC amp and I thought that if I could use the S570 to stream things directly that would save a bit of faff. I suppose I could still use a USB stck.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts