Replacing Denon AVC-A1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Denon AVC-A1 is almost 15 years old and although the sound quality is brilliant I am looking for a replacement because obviously connections like hdmi are unknown to the beast. I am willing to spend anything up to €3000,- for a new receiver as long as the sound quality is at least on par with the AVC-A1.

I am thinking of the new Onkyo TX-NR3010 or TX-NR5010. Would this be a good choice or are there better choices when sound quality for playing cd's is the deciding factor?

I have no need for multiple zones or more than a 5.1 system but if it supports more speakers or zones than I need it to than that is obviously no problem. My speakers are from Dynaudio (the focus line) and my cd/dvd player is the Denon DVD-A1XV.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I am yet to hear the 5010 as they are not in store just yet. Judging by the 3010 and last years 5009 I have no doubt the Onkyo delivers a quality of sound that is superior to the Denon but it will be very different. Have you heard the latest Onkyo's or are you able to? I would suggest a demonstration if you can to be sure that the differences are improvements for you. As an alternative you could look at the Audiolab processor and power amplifiers - again superior to the Denon but very different. I am sure between the two you will find a sound that will work for you.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Agreed. I think the inclusion of Audyssey's XT32 room EQ definitely help the big Onkyo's exceed the Denon's capabilities. The Audiolab is a funny one - it will exceed the Denon's capabilities because of it's lack of superfluous features and room EQ! With the Audiolab, you have the flexible option of choosing suitable amplification for your speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts