Replacing Arcam Alpha setup with Onkyo TX-SR605

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Morning all,

I'm about to replace my much loved Arcam Alpha 7 CD Player, Arcam Alpha 8 Amplifier and Mission 733i speakers in order to prepare for the delivery of a new TV (Panasonic TX-37LZD70).

Thanks to What Hi-Fi I'll be buying the Onkyo TX-SR605 and probably the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speakers (unless anyone out there suggests something different).

My (temporary) source for audio will be an iPod playing uncompressed .wav or lightly compressed .mp3 files until my HTPC is finished.

My big question is will the 605 and the Q Acoustics setup sound better for music than my existing kit?

Any other advice gratefully received!!

A

Anonymous

Funnily enough I purchased the same setup back in October, the Onkyo 605, Q Acoustics 1010 speakers (with the fronts upgraded to 1020s) and an Optoma HD80 projector. I am pretty new to the world of AV, so wouldn't know how it compares to your existing setup but I can confirm that for me it sounds amazing!

I am now waiting for the PS3 firmware update that'll allow the Onkyo to fill it's full potential but for now I'm very happy!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried audio CDs through the PS3 yet? If so, how does it sound through your setup?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts