Please help!!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Could someone please help me!

I am looking to purchase a home cinema system including a new plasma. I have a budget of around £2.5k-£2.7k to include a motorised wall mount for the plasma which will take up £400 of my budget.

I have pretty much decided that I am going to opt for one of the new Pana plasmas, probably the TH-46PZ85B which is going to set me back around £1.2k, and my amp will be either an Onkyo TX-SR605 or 606 (I already have one 605 in my bedroom coupled with some Kef 1005.2 speakers and its sounds lovely!) but the problem is speakers for this particular setup.

I want to go for the more conventional look of speakers as this setup is going into a lounge and the egg shapes will not suit the room.

I don't really need to get a sub as I already have a B&W ASW 500 which i am using with my existing setup.

I have thought about going for 2 sets of MA BR2s and a BRLCR centre which I should be able to achieve for just over £500 or should I go for speaker package eg Q Acoustics 1010i or AE AEGO T which when searching the web should also come to around the same money.

Also how would there pair up with the Onkyo amp?

I will be linking up a PS3 (already purchased) and SKY HD.

Your views would be greatly appreciated!

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
How about B&Ws 685/686 combination? The mag rates them very highly.
Incidently, you can get a 42" Kuro for around £1.2k. It's not Full HD though, so it's suitability will depend on whether the numbers are important to you.

A

Anonymous

I was going to opt for the 50 inch kuro which I can get for around £1.5k but am worried that I should get a full HD panel for futureproof also the 42 will look quite small for the size of room.

I will take a look at the B&W's.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Please don't forget that I still need to purchase the AMP as well!

But thanks for your advice.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Given your expenditure on speakers, it would seem that the 606 is a good choice. Spend more and the recommendation would change to the 875. Wait a while and you should get a bargain as the 875 is superceded by the 876.

A

Anonymous

Finally.

I have decided to go for a Panasonic 46PZ85B, with an onkyo tx-sr606 with MA BR 2 from with a BRCLR centre and BRFX Rears and a very cool Vogel motorised wall bracket.

Cant wait till it all gets delivered.

Thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts