Replacement for KEF LSX

zweb

Dec 10, 2023
Visit site
I had KEF LSX. They sounded nice but were plagued by widely reported wifi and software issues.

They finally decided to stop connecting to wifi.

Now I am looking another good active wireless speakers (but not another KEF.)

I listen to music on Spotify connect. I do not have any music collection so sadly passive speakers will not work for me

Any Suggestions?

Last edited:

zweb

Dec 10, 2023
Visit site
I will go with offboard streamer - Wiim pro plus looks good. For active speakers - Acoustic energy ae1 active look very good too but I will have to check where I can get them here in US .

What are some other good active speakers to pair with Wiim pro plus other than Acoustic energy ae1 active? Looking for pair of speakers less than USD 2000.

Reactions: skinnypuppy71

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
@zweb I don't know how much these go for over there but considering the home grown for you they must be cheaper than here UK

Klipsch 5, 7, 9s
JBL 4305P

No need for an extra unit to sit outside these, come with Chromcast and other niceties but they dont rely so heavily on apps to keep them working, semi smart lets say

And I'll say the dirty word, as long as you dont need the connectivity the KEF offered you. Sonos would be a good shout. Era 300's are meant to sound pretty good as do the play 5's espaiclly with true tone active and with the 2k budget you can add one of there subwoofers and still have change left. Food for thought load of bang for buck!

You guys over the pound those have some many active options available to you. Swan for example

manicm

@zweb I don't know how much these go for over there but considering the home grown for you they must be cheaper than here UK

Klipsch 5, 7, 9s
JBL 4305P

No need for an extra unit to sit outside these, come with Chromcast and other niceties but they dont rely so heavily on apps to keep them working, semi smart lets say

And I'll say the dirty word, as long as you dont need the connectivity the KEF offered you. Sonos would be a good shout. Era 300's are meant to sound pretty good as do the play 5's espaiclly with true tone active and with the 2k budget you can add one of there subwoofers and still have change left. Food for thought load of bang for buck!

You guys over the pound those have some many active options available to you. Swan for example

The Klipsch's are great, but they have no streaming apart from Bluetooth. Davidf gave the best advice, keep the KEFs which still make a great active speaker, and just add streaming.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts