Region A in uk shops

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
At the beginning of september i purchased "no country for old men" on blu-ray from amazon, it arrived but with region A, so it was returned, i then puchased "no country for old men" online at woolworths, that arrived with region A, so that was retuned, so i decided to try asda online for "no country for old men" again that arrived with region A, so i will be returning that.

I was in town today & went to asda, woolworths & hmv all had "no country for old men" in blu-ray & all were region A, i did explain to the people in the shop that region A would only work in america, but they just said it would work, i know it won't because i have tried it, i just ignored them & left.

Has anybody else had similer experience, or know where i can get "no country for old men" on blu-ray with proper uk region coding, B or 2.

A

Anonymous

zavvi have it ans they state it is region 2 .. ive not bought it myself only saying what it says on website :)

sc1

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
Maybe a silly question but have you actually tried to play the disc? No country for old men is not locked to Region A. I purchased it in February from Amazon.com and it works in both the PS3 and my region B panasonic player. Check out dvdworld usa which gives a guide to the US releases which will work in other regions.

trackstar

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
For some reason the UK & Australian releases had region A incorrectly printed on the box. This is a region free release and should play on your player.

A

Anonymous

i had a similar problem i bought a blu ray of david gilmour live in the royal albert hall- listed on amazon it would not play on samsung bd player or ps3 - i bought the disc as i read somewhere that music discs are region free this is not the case - why list discs on uk sites that dont play in uk . then you have all the hassle of returning them for refund.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts