Rega RP6 WOW!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
( I reckon a RP8 before Xmas
wink.png
)

No RP8, The RP6 is here to stay!

Seriously though - speakers next

stevebrock said:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60827263@N02/8740181729/

not sure how to get images here

If you click on 'Google' (on the link) and use a password & username, that'll get you into Flickr. Once located pic and reduce to whatever size you need then right click on 'Properties' and highlight and copy the 'Address (URL)'.

Back on the forum reply click on the 'Tree' symbol and paste the 'Address (URL)'. Lastly click on 'Insert'. That should do it. :)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
alchemist 1 said:
How would the rp6 compare too say the gyro se ?.................the rp6 does look rather smart...8)

I really could not offer an opinion!

Im a vinyl newbie and have only ever owned Rega TTs

Im sure someone will be along soon to dscuss the Gyros merits

matthewpiano

stevebrock said:
PS Dealer was telling me today that the new Elicit R amp is going to blow most £1500 amps away - completely new phono stage within as well.......allegedly they have been taking there time with it to get it right!

When I heard it in the Rega/Audio T room at Audio World Show it sounded absolutely fantastic.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
stevebrock said:
PS Dealer was telling me today that the new Elicit R amp is going to blow most £1500 amps away - completely new phono stage within as well.......allegedly they have been taking there time with it to get it right!

When I heard it in the Rega/Audio T room at Audio World Show it sounded absolutely fantastic.

Oh dear!

You have lit the touch paper..............

Cant wait to demo it!

matthewpiano

stevebrock said:
matthewpiano said:
stevebrock said:

Oh dear!

You have lit the touch paper..............

Cant wait to demo it!

LOL!! It was paired with the PMC Fact.3 speakers, and the new RP8. They were actually using the new Aria phono stage as well.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Well thats at least £4500 on the Rega electronics then.......I magine the PMCs cost at least £2k so you would hope it would sound good!

Sticking with my Brio R for a while longer then by looks of it........ demo was for more out of curiousity!

matthewpiano

stevebrock said:
Well thats at least £4500 on the Rega electronics then.......I magine the PMCs cost at least £2k so you would hope it would sound good!

Sticking with my Brio R for a while longer then by looks of it........ demo was for more out of curiousity!

Don't blame you! The Brio R is a cracking amp.

Nicky-Distance

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Excellent! Not only am I happy for your but I'm also happy because I ordered an rp6 a few days ago and it's my first good quality piece of kit. I've never listened to it and based the decision on reviews and forums. Now I'm even more excited!

Steve, you seem very pleased with your Rega setup, are there any aspects that you would consider changing?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes by changing to RS3 speakers!

when I collected my TT had a demo of some Dreamcatchers, they sounded beautiful but as soon as I played sone massive attack/electonica they started to lose it a bit with the bass which surprised me as my RS1 seem to cope better, then the RS3 were connected up - I knew straight away these were the speakers for me, very very musical with lovely bass - I was quite taken in by them! It was the familiar Rega sound so I'm waiting for some 2nds to come up as they said they will be available soon - just minor cosmetic imperfections.

BTW the speakers were demoed with a Brio R, Rega DAC and my MBP via optical into DAC files were ALAC.

Also still looking for the imperfections on the RP6s plinth but for the life of me can't see any!

BluePotato

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Have enjoyed reading the your last few threads on all this. I was all set on just sitting tight and asking Santa for an RP3 as my debut into turntables. All this RP6 talk though has really got me thinking! Divorce could be seriously on the cards here - was happy to wait but I see there are still Rp6's available. Did you get the 10% discount? When I add to cart shows at £799.

Have you spotted the imperfections - sounds like they must be minor? I really wanted black which they don't have (red, white or yellow) - think I would go white.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Still can't see any imperfections on my Gloss White!

Well I was quoted £799 over the phone with the Exact Cartridge! When I went to collect it from Moorgate Acoustics they just charged me £749.

BTW I'm really happy with it - it started to open up now and not quite a week old!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts