• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

rega mira v roksan L111

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Rega Apollo is the source picked up an ex demo for 399 !! - best CDP at price point IMO , but do I get a Mira amp or try a Kandy , is the mix of Rega and Roksan a winner ? Perhaps I should stick with an all Rega kit

Anyone out there who has tried this sort of route ?

SIGNATURE so far...

Panasonic 37 , Philips 7404, pana 35 bdp, Beresford Caiman Dac , Beresford 7520 SE Dac, Spendor A 6’S , B and W Home Theatre , B and W CM1 Centre, Nait XS, Naim Flatcap 2x , Nait CD 5X, Denon AVR 2309, Denon ASD3 W, Sky HD, Soundstyle Z2, Nac 5, QED Silver Anniversary , Tacima Mains Conditioner X2, Logitech Harmony 555, Rega Ear, Chord Chrimson x 6, Merlin Mozart x2

plastic penguin

Apr 28, 2008
Interesting! noticed on your sig you have Spendor A6 speakers. I personally would be looking at better amplification, Roksan Caspian,. Leema Pulse, Naim XS or the latest Cyrus 8 as a mimimum.

The first two are available ex-dem or s/hand and there's one on-line retailer that is (or was) selling the first generation of naim XS at a sub-£1,000 mark.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
plastic penguin:
Interesting! noticed on your sig you have Spendor A6 speakers. I personally would be looking at better amplification, Roksan Caspian,. Leema Pulse, Naim XS or the latest Cyrus 8 as a mimimum.

The OP already has the Nait XS with CD5i and an AV system (from the sig) so I assume this is for a 2nd or even 3rd system.

Given that you already seem to like the Naim sound, then why not get a Nait 5i ?

I know they work well together.

plastic penguin

Apr 28, 2008
chebby:plastic penguin:

The OP already has the Nait XS with CD5i and an AV system (from the sig) so I assume this is for a 2nd or even 3rd system.

Given that you already seem to like the Naim sound, then why not get a Nait 5i ?

I know they work well together.

Overlooked that one....whoops, stupid boy!

The Nait 5i seems the obvious choice, although an all-rega system tends to be highly recommended on the forum.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
If you have the pennies, I would look around for a used Cursa Maia, or even better Cursa exons. The Spens are superb speakers but can be a sod of a load on the amps at times. I have found that it's better to have damping factor and current to spare wit most spendor floor standers.

A

Anonymous

Sorry people - forgot to mention that I already have PMC DB1'S to drive with the Rega or Rega Mix system.

Chebbby spotted the second system possibility which this missing fact represents . I don't want another Naim sound . I am wanting another kind of sonic experience -in a different room not necessarily the opposite of system one , but something that is " warmer " but just as musical . And by warmer I don't mean Arcam warm .

The Apollo clearly pushes the Nait CD 5i all the way according to some users ,so I'm looking for a price point equivalent of the PMC 's and Apollo for a bedroom / study context. And one that has upgradeability ... pre / power ... so yes the Cursa Maia might be worth a punt next year .But for now I want an Amp which will get me somewhere in that direction .

How many different amps could do that and give me synergy with the Rega Apollo and the PMC's - the former is on the way , the latter is already on the bookshelves

plastic penguin

Apr 28, 2008
PMC DB1's really doesn't help, because the Kandy LIII and Nait 5i sound really good with the neutrality of the PMC's. The Kandy, unlike the Nait, has pre-out for an additional power amp.

A

Anonymous

In what sense are the PMC 's unhelpful ? Neutrality in speakers is good isn;t it , allowing the characteristics of the amp and source to shine through .

Good point about the pre outs - does the Mira have such ? And can you do nothing upgradeable with the Nait - no power or pre amp

plastic penguin

Apr 28, 2008
Magnum Opus:

In what sense are the PMC 's unhelpful ? Neutrality in speakers is good isn;t it , allowing the characteristics of the amp and source to shine through .

Good point about the pre outs - does the Mira have such ? And can you do nothing upgradeable with the Nait - no power or pre amp

Apologies - what I meant was due to the neutrality of the PMC's, the Kandy and the Nait are both gutsy amps (something the PMC's love) and both amps are so transparent - and have a distinctive character - that you would need to listen to both and decide which one appeals the most to you. Both amps have a pure current which means they'll drive the PMC's with aplomb.

Don't know the answer to the pre-out question on the Rega. The Naim company do have their own external pack to boost sonics, however, I'm not sure whether that applies to the entry-level Nait 5i's or not? I'm sure Chebby or one of the other Naim owners will be able to answer the question.....

Hope that helps?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts