rega mira v roksan L111

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Rega Apollo is the source picked up an ex demo for 399 !! - best CDP at price point IMO , but do I get a Mira amp or try a Kandy , is the mix of Rega and Roksan a winner ? Perhaps I should stick with an all Rega kit

Anyone out there who has tried this sort of route ?

SIGNATURE so far...

Panasonic 37 , Philips 7404, pana 35 bdp, Beresford Caiman Dac , Beresford 7520 SE Dac, Spendor A 6’S , B and W Home Theatre , B and W CM1 Centre, Nait XS, Naim Flatcap 2x , Nait CD 5X, Denon AVR 2309, Denon ASD3 W, Sky HD, Soundstyle Z2, Nac 5, QED Silver Anniversary , Tacima Mains Conditioner X2, Logitech Harmony 555, Rega Ear, Chord Chrimson x 6, Merlin Mozart x2

Interesting! noticed on your sig you have Spendor A6 speakers. I personally would be looking at better amplification, Roksan Caspian,. Leema Pulse, Naim XS or the latest Cyrus 8 as a mimimum.

The first two are available ex-dem or s/hand and there's one on-line retailer that is (or was) selling the first generation of naim XS at a sub-£1,000 mark.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:
Interesting! noticed on your sig you have Spendor A6 speakers. I personally would be looking at better amplification, Roksan Caspian,. Leema Pulse, Naim XS or the latest Cyrus 8 as a mimimum.

The OP already has the Nait XS with CD5i and an AV system (from the sig) so I assume this is for a 2nd or even 3rd system.

Given that you already seem to like the Naim sound, then why not get a Nait 5i ?

I know they work well together.

chebby:plastic penguin:

The OP already has the Nait XS with CD5i and an AV system (from the sig) so I assume this is for a 2nd or even 3rd system.

Given that you already seem to like the Naim sound, then why not get a Nait 5i ?

I know they work well together.

Overlooked that one....whoops, stupid boy!

The Nait 5i seems the obvious choice, although an all-rega system tends to be highly recommended on the forum.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
If you have the pennies, I would look around for a used Cursa Maia, or even better Cursa exons. The Spens are superb speakers but can be a sod of a load on the amps at times. I have found that it's better to have damping factor and current to spare wit most spendor floor standers.

A

Anonymous

Sorry people - forgot to mention that I already have PMC DB1'S to drive with the Rega or Rega Mix system.

Chebbby spotted the second system possibility which this missing fact represents . I don't want another Naim sound . I am wanting another kind of sonic experience -in a different room not necessarily the opposite of system one , but something that is " warmer " but just as musical . And by warmer I don't mean Arcam warm .

The Apollo clearly pushes the Nait CD 5i all the way according to some users ,so I'm looking for a price point equivalent of the PMC 's and Apollo for a bedroom / study context. And one that has upgradeability ... pre / power ... so yes the Cursa Maia might be worth a punt next year .But for now I want an Amp which will get me somewhere in that direction .

How many different amps could do that and give me synergy with the Rega Apollo and the PMC's - the former is on the way , the latter is already on the bookshelves

A

Anonymous

In what sense are the PMC 's unhelpful ? Neutrality in speakers is good isn;t it , allowing the characteristics of the amp and source to shine through .

Good point about the pre outs - does the Mira have such ? And can you do nothing upgradeable with the Nait - no power or pre amp

Magnum Opus:

In what sense are the PMC 's unhelpful ? Neutrality in speakers is good isn;t it , allowing the characteristics of the amp and source to shine through .

Good point about the pre outs - does the Mira have such ? And can you do nothing upgradeable with the Nait - no power or pre amp

Apologies - what I meant was due to the neutrality of the PMC's, the Kandy and the Nait are both gutsy amps (something the PMC's love) and both amps are so transparent - and have a distinctive character - that you would need to listen to both and decide which one appeals the most to you. Both amps have a pure current which means they'll drive the PMC's with aplomb.

Don't know the answer to the pre-out question on the Rega. The Naim company do have their own external pack to boost sonics, however, I'm not sure whether that applies to the entry-level Nait 5i's or not? I'm sure Chebby or one of the other Naim owners will be able to answer the question.....

Hope that helps?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts