Rega Elicit mk5 4ohm: overheating is real 😟

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
Ex display should in no way affect warranty.......hopefully!
Having said that a lot of Rega products have their own little idiosyncrasies, if you can't live with them don't buy them. Plenty of other great products out there.
If the shop you bought it from told you it would work with your speakers demand a refund.
I bought the speakers after the amp.

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
You mentioned three dealers who said the amp would work well with your speakers.
Is that the reason you bought them?
Dealer 1 sells amp & speakers. I demoed the amp with some Elac Vela fs 407 (one model lower than the ones I bought, same ohms etc) and no a mention of struggles with heat over time.

Dealers 2&3 more or less dismissed my problem off-hand as the rega can drive 4ohm speakers. (To paraphrase badly)

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
As these things do, the testing idea escalated a bit yesterday. I saw that Douk did this smaller a/b speaker switcher. With a 10% discount code it was pretty cheap. It’s bi-directional so something I can keep tucked away in case I want to test pairs of amps or pairs of speakers.

I also remembered part 2 of the experiment, so picked up a passive rca switch to use for something similar.

71QmjUPJDKL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
s-l1200.jpg

Reactions: DougK1

TRENDING THREADS