Rega DAC

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

SteveR750

jimmy1973:
With PC based music the way forward, do you not feel that Rega have missed a trick here by not supporting hi-res files in 24/96 via USB? seems an oversight to me, espc as other cheaper models (Arcam RDAC for instance) do!

Not all pc's have s/pdif support anyhow
emotion-6.gif

It's arguably not even the right way forward anyway.

I got Rega's new DAC in yesterday in the black finish
emotion-1.gif
The Rega DAC looks smart, is well featured and built like a small tank
emotion-11.gif
I also had a listen to the Rega DAC yesterday using amplification courtesy of the Plinius Hiato and Dynaudio's DM 3/7 speakers. The Rega DAC simply sounds superb right across the board.

Rega's new DAC has been well worth the wait. A bargain at £500. I truly feel Rega are on to a winner with this new DAC. I have a feeling Rega's DAC is going to sell like hotcakes.
emotion-2.gif

Well done Rega
emotion-21.gif

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi SteveR750 and MoData

As good as the DacMagic and rDac are Rega's DAC is quieter, more potent, has better resolution, greater dynamics, coherent, rhythm, scale and depth. I feel Rega's new DAC fully justifies its premium over the impressive DacMagic and rDac.

Rega's DAC gives more then a fair taste of their flagship Isis cd player at a 1/12 of its price
emotion-2.gif

Merry Christmas

Rick @ Musicraft

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:
Rega's DAC is quieter, more potent, has better resolution, greater dynamics, coherent, rhythm, scale and depth. I feel Rega's new DAC fully justifies its premium over the impressive DacMagic and rDac.

Pretty terrible then?
emotion-5.gif

Thanks for the info Rick, and it sounds like you are one of the 'select' dealers to get one at this stage
emotion-2.gif

Merry Christmas,
Ben

BenLaw:
MUSICRAFT:
Rega's DAC is quieter, more potent, has better resolution, greater dynamics, coherent, rhythm, scale and depth. I feel Rega's new DAC fully justifies its premium over the impressive DacMagic and rDac.

Pretty terrible then?
emotion-5.gif

Thanks for the info Rick, and it sounds like you are one of the 'select' dealers to get one at this stage
emotion-2.gif

Merry Christmas,
Ben

Hi Ben

I suppose it depends on how Rega's DAC is looked at
emotion-5.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We received ours last Thursday, but were unable to set it up and get a listen - we were just too busy! Will be interesting to put it up against the cheaper Arcam rDAC, and the DAC in the Audiolab 8200CD. And if it migh even be interesting to try it against the Naim and Bryston DAC too....

I'm looking forward to putting it through it's paces
emotion-1.gif

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Any body ever tried or auditioned the moon 300d dac and the wyred for sound dacs?I beleive they are a bit pricier, but i d love to kbow how they perform vs the rdac and rega or even the mf1.

sincerely yours

froggy

I've had listen to Rega's DAC using Plinius Hiato, ATC SIA2-150 MK2, Naim Nait 5i, Yamaha CD-S300, Rega Apollo, Dynaudio DM 2/6 - DM 3/7, ATC SCM7 - SCM11 and now ATC SCA2/SCM100ASL Professional monitors.

Rega's DAC is my digital and overall product of the year
emotion-2.gif

Nice one Rega
emotion-21.gif

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:
I've had listen to Rega's DAC using Plinius Hiato, ATC SIA2-150 MK2, Naim Nait 5i, Yamaha CD-S300, Rega Apollo, Dynaudio DM 2/6 - DM 3/7, ATC SCM7 - SCM11 and now ATC SCA2/SCM100ASL Professional monitors.

emotion-2.gif

Nice one Rega
emotion-21.gif

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Sounds good Rick, I've got a silver one winging its way to me as we speak on sale-or-return, really excited about this one........:eek:)

mitch65:MUSICRAFT:

emotion-2.gif

Nice one Rega
emotion-21.gif

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Sounds good Rick, I've got a silver one winging its way to me as we speak on sale-or-return, really excited about this one........:eek:)

Hi mitch65

Your welcome.

How are finding your new Rega DAC?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:mitch65:MUSICRAFT:

emotion-2.gif

Nice one Rega
emotion-21.gif

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi mitch65

Your welcome.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Great bit of kit Rick, I almost consigned my CD player to fleabay because FLAC files sound so good but having plugged the rega into it I'm not so sure. Now my CD player has gone up a few notches so we'll have to wait and see....Not much chance of it going back to the dealer though
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I had the Dac running all night last night. Sounds much better in the AM. It's an awesome piece of kit. It's still only Jan 14th, so I wouldn't go so far as to call it gear of the year just as yet.

mitch65:MUSICRAFT:mitch65:MUSICRAFT:

emotion-2.gif

Nice one Rega
emotion-21.gif

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi mitch65

Your welcome.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Great bit of kit Rick, I almost consigned my CD player to fleabay because FLAC files sound so good but having plugged the rega into it I'm not so sure. Now my CD player has gone up a few notches so we'll have to wait and see....Not much chance of it going back to the dealer though
emotion-1.gif

Hi mitch65

Thanks for your reply.

Good to hear you're enjoying the performance of Rega's DAC
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

MoData:
I had the Dac running all night last night. Sounds much better in the AM. It's an awesome piece of kit. It's still only Jan 14th, so I wouldn't go so far as to call it gear of the year just as yet.

Hi MoData

I meant Rega's DAC was my digital and overall product of 2010. Hence why posted this comment on 31 December 2010.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Sorry, my bad. I was thinking we're in Jan 2010. No, we're in Jan 2011. I get it.
emotion-1.gif

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
had a listen to one the other day, if I owned an apollo, then I would add the Rega Dac at the first opportunity, or if I wanted to add a streaming option. As it is I use a saturn, and I thought it was more a case of win on this, loose on that. My £500 will be going towards an apheta for now, so rega will still get my pennies.

respe:had a listen to one the other day, if I owned an apollo, then I would add the Rega Dac at the first opportunity, or if I wanted to add a streaming option. As it is I use a saturn, and I thought it was more a case of win on this, loose on that. My £500 will be going towards an apheta for now, so rega will still get my pennies.

Hi respe

I'd also have Rega's Apheta cartridge ahead the the DAC anyday
emotion-21.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

BUMP

Thought i would bump this thread as im interested to see peoples views and have they changed since they bought one

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts