Rega BrioR with ProAc 115-series?

Concertino

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi all!

I would love to try out "UK speakers" on my BrioR/DAC.

I am now using Sonus Faber Concertino Domus and it sounds wonderful. But still, i miss some exitement as these speakers are kind of very warm and romantic. On the other side there are no unpleasant S`s or shrills and it`s important for me to avoid speakers that are to thin/lean/sharp/bright sounding.

I am considering Rega RS, Neat Motive, Tannoy DC Sign. and maybe Spendor(if i can afford them)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I would forget the Spendor - the Brio R isn't going to have enough poke to get the best out of them, but do try them if you're curious. The Studio 115's sound great on them, and they match up pretty well, but I wouldn't expect club levels from them. The Neats should be ok, but that's not a combination I've tried as yet.

Concertino said:
Hi all!

I am now using Sonus Faber Concertino Domus and it sounds wonderful. But still, i miss some exitement as these speakers are kind of very warm and romantic. On the other side there are no unpleasant S`s or shrills and it`s important for me to avoid speakers that are to thin/lean/sharp/bright sounding.

I am considering Rega RS, Neat Motive, Tannoy DC Sign. and maybe Spendor(if i can afford them)

Hi concertino

I've found Monitor Audio's superb new GX50's and GX100's to work a treat with Rega's Brio R and DAC :) Btw, Dynaudio's Excite X12's are also worth a look.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Concertino

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
I would forget the Spendor - the Brio R isn't going to have enough poke to get the best out of them, but do try them if you're curious. The Studio 115's sound great on them, and they match up pretty well, but I wouldn't expect club levels from them. The Neats should be ok, but that's not a combination I've tried as yet.

Thanks a lot for advice! The Spendors are not cheap over here so not my first choice anyway.Heard some rumours that Neat Motive could "bottom out"(?) and sometimes be a tad to bright as well. Looks like the ProAc`s could be my speaker. I don`t need club level at the moment. Living in an old classic building, most of my listening are done beyond 10 on pot. But my six year old has started to show interest so... :dance:

Concertino

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
[/quote]

Hi concertino

I've found Monitor Audio's superb new GX50's and GX100's to work a treat with Rega's Brio R and DAC :) Btw, Dynaudio's Excite X12's are also worth a look.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

[/quote]

Hi Rick and thanks!

Yes, MA could be worth an audit as well :) I will gooogle them.

Dynaudio: Actually, I am a fan of Dynaudio in general. Great speakers! I owned the A10 back in the 90`s.

But not this time(i think) And I would prefer a front,side, or bottom ported speaker because i need them to be pretty close to the wall without coloring the sound to much.

BR,

Erik

Hi concertino

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

[/quote]

Hi Rick and thanks!

Yes, MA could be worth an audit as well :) I will gooogle them.

Dynaudio: Actually, I am a fan of Dynaudio in general. Great speakers! I owned the A10 back in the 90`s.

But not this time(i think) And I would prefer a front,side, or bottom ported speaker because i need them to be pretty close to the wall without coloring the sound to much.

BR,

Erik

[/quote]

Regas own RSs are a corking match (so I've been told), and also consider PMC.

Concertino

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Regas own RSs are a corking match (so I've been told), and also consider PMC.

Thanks!

Problem; Can`t get hold of them for an audit here in Oslo:(

AND, not sure if i like their looks.. but it`s Rega, and not very high £ either:)

BR,

Erik

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT said:
Concertino said:
Hi all!

Hi concertino

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

+1 Dynaudio Excite X12's are the best speakers i have heard with the rega brio R

THESTIG08 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Concertino said:
Hi all!

Hi concertino

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

+1 Dynaudio Excite X12's are the best speakers i have heard with the rega brio R

Hi THESTIG08

Yes, the Brio R and Excite X12 combination also works a treat :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts