Rega Brio R

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I think you should take your Brio R to your Dealer and listen to another unit and start from there!

Mine has no such harsheness, or humm or buzz, just wontherfull harmonical notes of perfect music!

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Cypher said:
richiesuk said:
hi all,

has anyone ever noticed slighg metallic harshness in the high rangek?

I noticed many times, regardless the input, kinda tiring... :/

here many guys have fhe same issue

forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1313131997&read&keyw&zzeverything+but+the+box

ric

The Brio 3 had the same problem......that's why I sold it.

I must admit, I noticed quite the opposite when I auditioned it a month or so ago with a pair of MA RX6 speakers and my Rega DAC. I love the Rega DAC and so wanted to like the Brio-R to go with it, but I found it to be overly smooth and certainly no hint of harshness in the high frequencies.

I ended up with a secondhand Nait XS and the RX6's for Christmas! The Audiolab 8200a was the surprise of the audition, it came a close second to the Naim for me.

A

Anonymous

I went in to a new dealer this weekend just gone to listen to a brio r and rp3 and rp6. I think they thought I would listen for a few hours and then maybe come back another time. I just decided on the spot that the brio r and rp6 were awesome and bought them there and then! I love reading reviews and researching and what not but sometimes impulse takes over!

ive got the brio home already and it beats the sh*t out of my old amp (swear word deserved there!). Cannot wait to hear what the rp6 does when it arrives. I'm now considering KEF r100s or ls50s to go with it...my poor credit card...

Well worth it though, would thoroughly recommend even from my few days of ownership!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts