REGA BRIO R AMP- DALI ZENSOR 3s- REGA RP3 SET UP ADVICE

RAWHEAD REX

May 7, 2014
Visit site
HI Folks I was on the Forum not so long ago asking for some advice on my 1st turntable set up. Well this is the set up ive went for and was just wondering about a few things.Firstly does anyone have this set up and give me some feedback on how its going for them? I went ahead with the Rega Brio R Amp without actually hearing it because i got it fairly cheap £350 for a 2 month old amp seemed like a good deal so i just went for it,then up poped a set of Dali zensor 3s damaged in transit but basically brand new i got them for £200 and im really impressed with them. Got them linked up to my Denon DM39 and sound great and a step up from the Zensor 1s. So really i just jumped at the chance of saving some money but ive got a question about the BRIO. I find myself always messing about with the Bass and Treble on my Denon mainly because I listen to a lot of Metal from the Early 90s and the production on those recordings really vary and always need adjusting. Is this going to be a problem on the BRIO considering it doesnt have any tonal knobs? My question about the REGA RP3 is what is the best way to set it up? Im still saving up for this Turntable and my research into it leaves me impressed from what ive read. Im hearing alot about how it needs to be placed on the right type of rack and was wondering whats best for it maybe a seperate shelve? Thanks very much for whoever takes the time and answers my questions!!! :O

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll bet that set sound very noce, and the Dali pair realy well with the Brio R. I had a Brio R for 1 year and never had probles by not having tune knobs. But just me, even my Pathos Classic one doesn't have them and don't miss them.

Regarding the RP3, my main advise is that you buy it from a dealer that fit the cart in for you proporly, because that realy makes all the difference.

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
RAWHEAD REX said:
Thanks mate! Any sugestions on what to place the REGA turntable on? Rack or Shelves?

Your best bet is Rega's wall shelf. Second best is Ikea Lack coffee table, much cheaper but it takes more space. In any case make sure TT is absolutely level. ATB

RAWHEAD REX

May 7, 2014
Visit site
well im sharing a house with a pal at the minute plan is to save whilst im here get my set up with rack and speaker stands everything i need really then get my own place so dont know what sort of flooring ill have. could you give me the best examples for both floor types then?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If it is suspended wood floor definitely a separate shelf, if it is concrete floor then no need to have a shelve, but you can use it any way, but it will be alright in a ikea expedit or a coffee table.

TRENDING THREADS