Question Rega arm won’t level after a rewire

PBo13

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,
After clumsily ripping a cartridge tag off and rewiring the arm on my RI can’t get it to float. With counterweight pushed fully on, its already too heavy, lifting the head.
I’ve checked if the deck is level, and made sure everything was reassembled ok.
Any ideas?
thanks

PBo13

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
The problem is the arm is already tilting to the counterweight end before the counterweight is moved away - it’s as close to the pivot as it can be... as if the arm isn’t heavy enough. The cartridge is pretty close to the end.

I’ve just realised something. The arm had a plug in the end near the tags. I wasn’t able to replace it. I bet that’s what’s causing the issue. I need to make the headshell end heavier...

The problem is the arm is already tilting to the counterweight end before the counterweight is moved away - it’s as close to the pivot as it can be... as if the arm isn’t heavy enough. The cartridge is pretty close to the end.

I’ve just realised something. The arm had a plug in the end near the tags. I wasn’t able to replace it. I bet that’s what’s causing the issue. I need to make the headshell end heavier...
That's probably it. The weight of that plug has to be taken into account. Just a thought, do Rega do a lighter counterweight. I know they do heavier ones.
There's always the option to replace the cartridge with a much heavier one..... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts