Rewire a Rega arm . . . ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I do get the nickers in a twist on ocassions . . . takes me round and round the houses, over the same ground so many times trying to work things out. . . . I stepped back and looked at rewire v. new tone arm, lost hours of sleep and gained more grey hair.

I lost sight of the fact that I have stated many times, 'generaly, I dont like silver wire' . . . I got side tracked down the silver wire alley, solid silver single strand or litz copper silver coated, 5 din plug or streight through, re wire the RB700 or buy a new arm . . . :wall:

Finaly got my head together, there is a synergy between the system that I have as a whole, any change I make will not be 'night and day', if beneficial at all, may just be differant . . . ? However I hanker after a little more air, perhaps a bit more image, like I used to have in my previous life???

Single, solid silver cable might give me this??? but it might take me into the relms where I can hear the 'silver cable'? Plus I dont want to up set the present arm, no going back, if I dont like the rewire?

Best option, the standard 'Audiomods Classic arm', Cardas 99.9% oxygen free copper wire all through. It is said to give the air and extra image I am looking for, I dont have to upset the RB700 . . . its a back stop if the Audiomods does not suit. I should be able to get my money back on fleBay, as I did with the Benz cartridge.

. . . and if I must!!!:doh: I can rewire . . . at a later date, thats 'wriggle room', becase, as Chebby says, I am an inveterate tweaker. The Audiomods arm is easily rewired with single strand 0.2mm silver cable just to try it, dont like it I can easily revert unlike the RB700.

I cant see not liking the AM Classic arm, but I have back tracked befor . . . ??? Ordered to day, delivery mid January.

CJSF

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
I have a cunning plan thats going to cost you nowt CJ. Contact JD telling him you have my permission to forward you my email address. Bung me an emither and I will get back to you , prolly tomorrow eve as I'm going to force myself to do a little work tomorrow.

Nowt ventured and all that :).

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
floyd droid said:
I have a cunning plan thats going to cost you nowt CJ. Contact JD telling him you have my permission to forward you my email address. Bung me an emither and I will get back to you , prolly tomorrow eve as I'm going to force myself to do a little work tomorrow.

Nowt ventured and all that :).

Hi mate, 'JD' who's JD ???? . . . not a problem, my email has been on here a couple of times:

(not the single 'F') [removed by 'JD' who's JD ???? for spam avoidance purposes]

CJSF

John Duncan

chebby said:
CJSF said:
Hi mate, 'JD' who's JD ????

A moderator and frequent contributor on this site...

http://www.whathifi.com/users/john-duncan

...also used to be 'Head Of Technology Delivery' for What Hi-fi? and other Haymarket publication websites.

You don't 'get out' much do you?

I'm touched that you remembered my job title.

I just passed on CJSF's email address to FD, and then noticed that he had sent him a mail already. Apologies for the redundancy.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
CJSF said:
Hi mate, 'JD' who's JD ????

A moderator and frequent contributor on this site...

http://www.whathifi.com/users/john-duncan

...also used to be 'Head Of Technology Delivery' for What Hi-fi? and other Haymarket publication websites.

You don't 'get out' much do you?

No chebby I dont get out much . . . dyslexia means that for me, a simple task like putting two initals to a name is like asking me to do the Times cross word, Floyd would not know this of course, I cant even remember my car registration number!!! . . . and the abreviations used in the posts for amps and speakers is like talking double douch to me. Its one of the reasons I get so frustrated, I am some times traped with knowere to go?

CJSF:wall:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts