Recommended Speaker upgrade from MA RX1

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Though I am happy with my present hifi setup I am considering of upgrading my MA RX1 speakers of better performance. I am thinking of something less than £1300 to cope with my Leema Pulse. I listen mostly to Jazz especially to vocals and some Classical music.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The MA GX-100s are due for launch anytime soon I think. £1250 last time I looked.

Given your liking for the MA RX1s, the GX-100s could be a natural move (and they fit your budget).

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
My choice of speaker for that type of music would be:

Proac ......Tablette Anniversary
Spendor.... SA1 / A3
PMC.........DB1i / TB2i
Dynaudio....Focus 110 / DM 3/7

Regards

Cno

Inter_Voice said:
Though I am happy with my present hifi setup I am considering of upgrading my MA RX1 speakers of better performance. I am thinking of something less than £1300 to cope with my Leema Pulse. I listen mostly to Jazz especially to vocals and some Classical music.

From personal experience definitely DB1i and Totem. I've only heard the Arro but I would imagine these will give an equally thrilling sound http://www.whathifi.com/review/totem-rainmaker

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to all the replies. What I have in mind is MA GX 100 or Proac Tablette Anniversary. Can anyone share his/her experience on Proac with Leema as there is no review on WHF on this speakers. When will GX 100 available in the market?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Inter_Voice said:
Thanks to all the replies. What I have in mind is MA GX 100 or Proac Tablette Anniversary. Can anyone share his/her experience on Proac with Leema as there is no review on WHF on this speakers. When will GX 100 available in the market?

June, according to this.

Right now, according to this.

A

Anonymous

Do you have to go with a standmount?

For that budget the likes of the Neat Motive 2's or PMC GB!i's would be well worth an audition IMO

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
hifilover1979 said:

For that budget the likes of the Neat Motive 2's or PMC GB!i's would be well worth an audition IMO

As my room is small I prefer a standmount speaker. From the spec. of PMC GB!i it looks quite small and I am worrying about its bass.

A

Anonymous

Inter_Voice said:
hifilover1979 said:

As my room is small I prefer a standmount speaker. From the spec. of PMC GB!i it looks quite small and I am worrying about its bass.

It's bass is superb; well tuned and not boomy at all. Brilliant speaker with Jazz and Classical IMO

The Neat Motive 2 is also a brilliant speaker would be a very good move IMO... Again sounds superb with very well timed bass that's deep and musical; not boxy and boomy at all.

Even if you demo'd them to rule them out; you've given them a chance!

Inter_Voice said:
hifilover1979 said:

Listen to Totem Arro - my living room is small (or pokey) and they sound sublime. You can literally put these tiny terrors against the wall and won't sound harsh. They have strong bass but not deep. Cracking speaker.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again for all the comments.

So far I have not yet made up my mind. BTW GX100 costs 3 times that of RX1 but no sure if the gain in performance is much.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Good suggestion pp. I have just sent an e-mail to MA and their reply is awaited.

And within a minute I received an auto reply as shown below:

"Unfortunately, we are currently away from the office until Monday 6th June. We will not have any email access in this time. Your email has been sent on to a colleague who will be able to help you, time permitting. If you query is urgent please call our UK Sales office on 01268 740580 and they will do their best to assist you. We shall do our best to answer your request as promptly as possible on return. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

It is strange that a big Company is unable to provide a quick reply to a simple enquiry because there is no one in the office.

Inter_Voice said:
Good suggestion pp. I have just sent an e-mail to MA and their reply is awaited.

"Unfortunately, we are currently away from the office until Monday 6th June. We will not have any email access in this time. Your email has been sent on to a colleague who will be able to help you, time permitting. If you query is urgent please call our UK Sales office on 01268 740580 and they will do their best to assist you. We shall do our best to answer your request as promptly as possible on return. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

It is strange that a big Company is unable to provide a quick reply to a simple enquiry because there is no one in the office.

Having trouble accessing their contact details. Mmm, don't know what to suggest, except phone the number they've supplied.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Inter_Voice said:

I know a lot of the Monitor Audio guys are on the road seeing distributors at the moment - and exhibiting at the Munich hi-fi show - which is why you might not get an email response. But they've given you a phone number - there are still people waiting to take your call out in Essex, so why not bell them?

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Inter_Voice said:
cstanwhf said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Monitor Audio's new GX Series of speakers is on its way to the UK :bigsmile:

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft
Ya...first shipment were ship last saturday. Should reach my local shops before end of the month. :)

Hope you can share results of your audition with us.

I've ordered the GX100 when I heard the shipping sample of GX50/100/300 in Jan this year.

Just waiting for the delivery. ;)

A

Anonymous

For that kind of money I'd suggest having a listen to the Wilson Benesch Square 1 too. Worlds apart from an RX1. Not sure how well they'd match up with Leema though - worth a try.

Cold Roses

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Inter_voice - I know you've said that you'd prefer standmounts, though in your position I'd seriously consider a pair Leema Xones to match your Pulse amp. They're an absolute bargain at the moment - available brand new for as little as £650 (discounted from over £1.5K). I don't know if you've seen/heard them, but they measure a diminutive 142 mm (width) x 207 mm (depth) x 850 mm (height), and are very nicely finished. I was very impressed by them.

They're well suited for small rooms, offering superb imaging, detail and timing. At full price these speakers were getting very good reviews, at £650 they're a must audition in my view. Check out WHF's review when they were priced at £1595: http://www.whathifi.com/review/leema-xone. Admittedly they do lack a bit of outright bass weight, so if that's what you're after then these probably aren't for you. Otherwise, you really can't go far wrong with them.

Cold Roses said:
Inter_voice - I know you've said that you'd prefer standmounts, though in your position I'd seriously consider a pair Leema Xones to match your Pulse amp. They're an absolute bargain at the moment - available brand new for as little as £650 (discounted from over £1.5K). I don't know if you've seen/heard them, but they measure a diminutive 142 mm (width) x 207 mm (depth) x 850 mm (height), and are very nicely finished. I was very impressed by them.

They're well suited for small rooms, offering superb imaging, detail and timing. At full price these speakers were getting very good reviews, at £650 they're a must audition in my view. Check out WHF's review when they were priced at £1595: http://www.whathifi.com/review/leema-xone. Admittedly they do lack a bit of outright bass weight, so if that's what you're after then these probably aren't for you. Otherwise, you really can't go far wrong with them.

Oooh, yes and no really.

I'll lay my cards on the table: I've not heard the Xones, but from what I've read on this forum and WHFI review, the Xones do struggle when pushed - or lack a little control, especially at the bass end.

After mentioning Totem Arro and not received any reaction I assume the OP has no interest. But I know of one Sevenoaks branch that were selling ex-dem models for £800 - I've heard them and they sound wonderful with the Leema Pulse.

Food for thought...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts