recommendations for dvd players that also handle music well?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is my friends current setup and he is insistent that he wants a dvd player to handle the cd's also, as he doesn't have access to the internet i said i would look into it for him, so here i am asking the experts
emotion-2.gif

Kef IQ3 s

Nad C352

Lets say a budget of 250.00

Any ideas guys?

A

Anonymous

it is impossible to do any better than the Arcam DV135 for that money (or a lot more IMHO) that is why i have one!

A

Anonymous

Thanks you guys have come through again! as you always do! i bet this smashes any budget cd player to (sub 350.00) would i be right in saying that?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't say 'smashes' - most AV kit is lucky to match the stereo performance of dedicated music kit at a third of the price.

However, the Arcam is, indeed, better than most: I believe when we originally reviewed it that we compared its CD performance to its sibling CD73 CD player, which at the time was £400 (when the DVD player cost @£1000). Incidentally, that self-same excellent Arcam CD player can now be picked up for £250.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare I really appreciate the staffers (especially editor) taking time to weigh in with their own help to.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
I wouldn't say 'smashes' - most AV kit is lucky to match the stereo performance of dedicated music kit at a third of the price.

However, the Arcam is, indeed, better than most: I believe when we originally reviewed it that we compared its CD performance to its sibling CD73 CD player, which at the time was £400 (when the DVD player cost @£1000). Incidentally, that self-same excellent Arcam CD player can now be picked up for £250.

hmm that is somewhat different to my experience.... In my experience the DV135 is a far better cd player than that. I previously owned the Arcam CD72T (the predecessor to the CD73 and also an award winning £400 CDP) however, when i compared its performance to the DV88 and DV88+ i found both these DVD players to be superior in sound quality. The DV135 is considerably better than both the DV88 and DV88+ as a CD player so i would personally rate its performance as significantly better than the CD73 - even by going so far as to compare it CD93. but this is just my opinion...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts