Recommendations for a HD projector

deansplit

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Have you any suggestions for a good value projector for a cinema room? Distance from unit to screen is 3m. Must be HD, have no idea on cost, but assuming a £500-£1000 budget would suffice? Any tips on screens would also be handy.

Thanks

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It depends on your requirements. Have you ever seen a good projector up and running before? Some make more noise than others, so depending where you're going to be sitting in relation to it will depend on whether you'll be hearing it during quiet passages. As an example, my PJ is about 2 feet away from my head, and as I use it in eco mode, I can hardly hear it, but then it does run at -17dB. Many modern PJs run louder than that because they're brighter, so need more cooling. Most 3D projectors run at -20dB or higher, which in my case would make it a no no with regards to noise. If you're further away then me, maybe BigBoss can let you know how he gets on with his, which is around -21dB. Most projectors under £1,000 tend to run nearer -27/-30dB, which is pretty loud.

deansplit

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi Joe, thanks for your links there. The BenQ looks great. I did a search and the 1070 vwrsion came up too, quite a bit cheaper, but like all these things, presumable a previous/lesser model snd not worth getting? Not sure of the differences?... http://slrhut.co.uk/product/ID405C27/google?mkwid=SfMsvdTy&pcrid=40141338716&gclid=CM_blZayjcgCFQb4wgod5WYIpQ

The 1080 one is available for £650 odd from Australia! :/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts