RCA Phono Switch Box.

aob9

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Can anybody recommend a good quality RCA Phono switch box? My Denon 720ae amplifier has one "Record Out" pair but I would like the option to record to both Cassette and Minidisc. I know you're all laughing in the cheap seats but I love my retro gear as much as my new stuff. Besides I especially like to copy new vinyl to both Cassette and Minidisc for archival purposes. I am also very much open to any other suggestions people may have.................when you've stopped laughing. :rofl:

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
aob9 said:
Can anybody recommend a good quality RCA Phono switch box? My Denon 720ae amplifier has one "Record Out" pair but I would like the option to record to both Cassette and Minidisc. I know you're all laughing in the cheap seats but I love my retro gear as much as my new stuff. Besides I especially like to copy new vinyl to both Cassette and Minidisc for archival purposes. I am also very much open to any other suggestions people may have.................when you've stopped laughing. :rofl:

Why not just daisy chain them?

Into cassette deeck, out to mini-disc, record on both simultaneously.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
aob9 said:

You dont need a switch box, the inputs on the cassette and minidisc will be high impedance and can be driven in parallel - all you need is a splitter. Not suggesting that this is the one to go for (it does look a bit cheap and cheerful), but something along the lines of:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PHONO-AUDIO-SPLITTER-ADAPTER-quantity/dp/B0047JH2BU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399800548&sr=8-1&keywords=rca+splitter

... will probably do.

aob9

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all. I also found these

http://www.audiospares.com/product.php?productid=3405&cat=0&page=1

Good website too

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
You don't need them.

Daisy chain the two recorders as I described above.

Zero cost, you probably have phono leads already.

If you are desperate to spend money on cables you don't need, send it to me. I shall invest it wisely down the pub...... ;)

TRENDING THREADS