Rap / Hip Hop

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok so i was looking for some guidance to some more music and i guess audiophiles would be some of the best people to ask....

Im looking for stuff similar to Mf doom, madvillian, pharoe monch, nas, jay-z, masta killa, clipse, kanye wests early stuff and i love good instumentals. Stuff with good bassy beats or just good beats in general....

any ideas people?

A

Anonymous

Manchesto:
Ok so i was looking for some guidance to some more music and i guess audiophiles would be some of the best people to ask....

Im looking for stuff similar to Mf doom, madvillian, pharoe monch, nas, jay-z, masta killa, clipse, kanye wests early stuff and i love good instumentals. Stuff with good bassy beats or just good beats in general....

any ideas people?

If you don't mind some old stuff (and you don't have them already)

61sYu038hPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
Siah & Yeshua Dapoed

brilliant album from late 90's - still sounds very fresh

31Q8RM94B8L._SL500_AA130_.jpg
61ztw5Pg3%2BL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
New Kingdom still two of my favourite hip-hop albums

51Phmbq8fEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
another excellent album

51998QmF3iL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
41665ZCSQRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
Prefuse 73 - excellent mainly instrumental

5182WR6JFXL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Busdriver - Fear Of A Black Tangent

A

Anonymous

wow busdriver is good, they sound like hilltop hoods a little, i like the acoustic guitar, a little like plan b. anyone know any rap/guitar or rap/piano acoustic style such as plan b..... and i tried to listen to the bug, really dont get it! sorry

A

Anonymous

You should have a listen to the Deltron 3030 album just called Deltron 3030. Guru's Jazzmataz albums are pretty good for a laid back listen. Im a big fan of Jurassic 5s first album and Peanut Butter Wolf. For something British try Roots Manuva or the British Eminem Skinnyman.(only as hes white.the similarity ends there!).

A

Anonymous

I'd recomend Sage Francis - Human The Death Dance.

Rjd2 - Deadringer

The Roots - Illadelph Halflife/Things fall apart

Nas - Illmatic

A Tribe called quest - Beats,Rythms and life

The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde

Aesop Rock - Labour Days

Organixed Konfusion - Stress

And of course my favourite CD ever - The fugees - The Score

A

Anonymous

Good list Stevie !

A few other you might like

Edan - Beauty and The Beat is a brilliant album

Akrobatik

Not strictly hip-hop but superb instrumental beats Clutchy Hopkins - Walking Backwards

Cody Chesnut - The Headphone Masterpiece an apt album name !

If your feeling adventurous try Mike Ladd (also as The Majesticons and The Infesticons), cLOUDEAD and Dalek (awesome but fierce leftfield hip-hop, once you get used to their stuff everything else seems tame by comparison - their album with Faust is something else and they're supposed to be incredible live)

Always worth giving Public Enemy and Cypress Hill's first three albums a spin

Also check out the Last Poets for a reminder of where it all began.

A

Anonymous

bobbyg81:You should have a listen to the Deltron 3030 album just called Deltron 3030. Guru's Jazzmataz albums are pretty good for a laid back listen. Im a big fan of Jurassic 5s first album and Peanut Butter Wolf. For something British try Roots Manuva or the British Eminem Skinnyman.(only as hes white.the similarity ends there!).

Nice one - Deltron 3030 looks interesting will be checking that out tomorrow

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I have to agree with Tribe. IMHO the best hip hop band of all time.

The low end theory is top notch, it even makes doing the ironing enjoyable

ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Some great suggestions for artist albums. Anyone heard the fabriclive mix cd by the Scratch Perverts, IMHO its one of THE best mix albums.ever. Starts of hip hop and ends up getting into some drum n bass. Fantastic from beginning to end!

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
bobbyg81:Some great suggestions for artist albums. Anyone heard the fabriclive mix cd by the Scratch Perverts, IMHO its one of THE best mix albums.ever. Starts of hip hop and ends up getting into some drum n bass. Fantastic from beginning to end!

agreed, it is a fine, fine, fine mix, one of the best i have ever heard. great tunes and a top example of the mixing skills of the scratch perverts! one of the DnB mixes is amazing - 'get ill' by ed rush & optical into 'slippery slopes' by clipz, with 'slippery slopes' playing at 3 different speeds at the same time! truely awesome.

all of the Fabriclive cd's are great IMO, the one by 'Diplo' also has some nice electro/hip-hop tunes, and an amazing mix of 'love song' by The Cure into 'B.O.B' by Outcast into 'Deceptacon' by Le Tigre.

I agree with the reccomendation for Deltron 3030, really nice chilled out album.

A

Anonymous

nice ill have to have a look for those in manchester tomorrow. im liking what ive heard from deltron.... any more?

A

Anonymous

Lupe Fiasco - Food and Liquor

DangerDoom - The Mouse and the mask

Wu Tang Clan - 36 Chambers

Brother Ali - Shadows on the sun

Nujabes - Metaphorical Music/Modal Soul

DangerMouse and Jemini - Ghetto pop life

A

Anonymous

Fabriclive Scratch Perverts is a very good mix cd, seen the Perv's twice now, once at Cargo and then as support to Ian Brown. They have some serious skills. Plus 1's also doing some wicked remixes under another name that escapes me....

Check the editions by Freestylers(19), Krafty Kuts(34)(who I just love), DJ Spinbad(14) and DJ Format(27).

Gotta say i'm more into electro and breaks than hip hop now though.

R

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
bobbyg81:Some great suggestions for artist albums. Anyone heard the fabriclive mix cd by the Scratch Perverts, IMHO its one of THE best mix albums.ever. Starts of hip hop and ends up getting into some drum n bass. Fantastic from beginning to end!

I'll give that a bash, but woe betide...

ÿ

A

Anonymous

If I had a reputation id put it on the line Joel! But seriously, ive never had anyone thats heard it have anything but good things too say. Its a party favourite round these parts. So is there Watch the Ride mix album.Apart from Mark Ronsons cover of Just! My favourite on it being Dogz and Sledgez by Million Dan!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
bobbyg81:If I had a reputation id put it on the line Joel! But seriously, ive never had anyone thats heard it have anything but good things too say. Its a party favourite round these parts. So is there Watch the Ride mix album.Apart from Mark Ronsons cover of Just! My favourite on it being Dogz and Sledgez by Million Dan!

LOL

ÿ

A

Anonymous

41CSGR7X74L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

classic - try and get an original vinyl copy as the cover was embossed
emotion-4.gif

Sad, I know, but when the album was released I was a sad-o
emotion-2.gif

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Whilst on the Old School tip try some early stuff from Ghetto Boys or some of Bushwick Bills solo stuff.

All Ice-T's early albums had some classic tracks on them with on of my favorites being "You played Yourself" of "The Iceburg/Freedom of speach" LP or !I'm YourPusher" of the above mentioned "Power" LP

You could also try and track down some Schooly D stuff or maybe Just Ice album "Back to the Old School"

I have loads of these on vinyl
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

Been listing a lot to DJ Krush, he's a Japanese hip hop producer and really rather talented, has an extremely unique sound. All of his albums seem to be good and take ya pick but I recommend - Jaku - Krush - Zen - Kakasei

A

Anonymous

yogi bear, yogi bear, yogi bear, yogi bear.

Stevie Blaze should stop getting high all the time.

A

Anonymous

Nanamaplazmaboom:

What a strange person
emotion-7.gif

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Stevie_Blaze:Nanamaplazmaboom:

What a strange person
emotion-7.gif

I gather that you didnt see mateys previous post that was either edited/deleted or got chucked out. Jeez,i wondered if he had registered to the wrong forum.
emotion-40.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts