Rage against the x-factor

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

the_lhc:It's more to do with the X-Factor song not being released on CD until tomorrow.

What so tomorrow it will over take it then?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gel:the_lhc:It's more to do with the X-Factor song not being released on CD until tomorrow.

What so tomorrow it will over take it then?

That's what the experts reckon, most of the people who buy the winners single are middle-aged woman, who wouldn't download it or people buying it as a present for friends (who have probably already downloaded it). RATM is only about 10% ahead of XFactor apparently.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:I'm going to buy a load of copies of the x factor single to stop that RATM thing getting to number one.

What, it's your fault SB's album got to no.1! ;o)

A

Anonymous

i think its daft , buying a song you may not even like , just to stop another song you dont like getting to no.1 ..

who cares whats at no.1 ?? buy , listen to , watch and read what interests you , ignore what doesnt , simple...

John Duncan

Drummerdave:JohnDuncan:I'm going to buy a load of copies of the x factor single to stop that RATM thing getting to number one.

But it's a Miley Cyrus cover, not that Journey song.

how very dare you
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Judging on replys not sure how many are interested, but for those that are Rage against the machine are sitting at number 1 in the i-tunes chart, i know this is only a small part of sales and doesnt include CD singles but its a start.

A

Anonymous

Just checked HMV and Tesco download charts and its Number 1 there as well!

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
eremis6:Judging on replys not sure how many are interested, but for those that are Rage against the machine are sitting at number 1 in the i-tunes chart, i know this is only a small part of sales and doesnt include CD singles but its a start.

On the contrary, isnt the sale of CD singles miniscule compared with that of iTunes nowadays?

My personal opinion is that I dont really care either way. I've been thinking for quite a while that I am not really sure how Radio 1 Chart Show is still going. Does anyone really care? Maybe as a 30 something bloke its relevance is less to me than of a 15 year old boy or girl. But even so...

As for the songs, I loved Rage Vs Machine back in the early to mid 1990s and really there are much better tracks to download of theirs than "Killing In the Name" ("Bombtrack", "Township Rebellion", "Bulls on Parade" are three that come to mind). The idea that someone decided to rally support to get Rage Against the Machine to number one basically to spite Simon Cowell (who doesnt seem to care anyway) is the bit I dont understand...

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
JamesOK:

The idea that someone decided to rally support to get Rage Against the Machine to number one basically to spite Simon Cowell (who doesnt seem to care anyway) is the bit I dont understand...

Suppose its in the name "Rage Against the Machine"

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
laserman16:JamesOK:

The idea that someone decided to rally support to get Rage Against the Machine to number one basically to spite Simon Cowell (who doesnt seem to care anyway) is the bit I dont understand...

Indeed it is. But really... in the climate we're currently in, is Simon Cowell et al a machine really worth raging against!?

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
JamesOK:laserman16:JamesOK:

Indeed it is. But really... in the climate we're currently in, is Simon Cowell et al a machine really worth raging against!?

Obviously to some people he is.

D

Deleted member 2457

I like it how the Cole Girl and Cowell mouthed of today in the press, saying it was all againt Joe and not the X Factor.

Yeah right.

A

Anonymous

Mabybe i got it wrong or maybe it means different things to different people but i never saw it as a way of irritating simon cowell or as a way of ridiculing the x-factor it was simply to change the status quo. ie just because you won the x-factor does not mean you have a christmas no1. That was how i understood the campain. It has changed by other people adding their own views, myself included, and its interesting watching it change and how the media is trying to handle it.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It gives us normal people some power - to show that those with money don't have total control over everything. If RATM do get to No.1, it shows we can change things when we work together.

Hmmmmm......I feel some interesting campaigns coming on.....
emotion-14.gif

To me, it looks like a conspiracy by RATM.........create a *** song, & earn royalties from it by urging people to buy it..............if at all you want to start a campaign against X Factor, then distribute the song for free. Why influence people's decisions to buy it just to get X Factor down, rather than by its own merit??

John Duncan

bigboss:
To me, it looks like a conspiracy by RATM.........create a *** song, & earn royalties from it by urging people to buy it..............if at all you want to start a campaign against X Factor, then distribute the song for free. Why influence people's decisions to buy it just to get X Factor down, rather than by its own merit??

Agreed. To me the choice of song seems a bit random. The campaign for The Spirit of Radio for Christmas Number One, however, starts here...

mickeycomms

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
RATM is an old tune, is mediocre & selected for the name of the group methinks,,,,,so all that happens with the pseudo chart fight is that whether or not the X factor song - which I am proud not to know the name of - reaches no 1 - Mr Cowell wins, if its Christmas no 1 or 2 ...Im sure hes weeping into that bottle of Louis XIII cognac as we speak ! If we are gonna have a chart fight at least bring out a big hitter........

No I am not his agent !!!!

Nor do I follow the charts, but am blessed with a 14 yr old who does.....
emotion-1.gif

daveh75

bigboss:
To me, it looks like a conspiracy by RATM.........create a *** song, & earn royalties from it by urging people to buy it..............As others have stated it's an old song........ and the Rage against the x factor campaign was started by a couple on facebook,not RATM.

I would say that "killing in the name" was probably chosen for the campaign, because of their political viewpoint as much as anything.

Though RATM are now backing the campaign and stated during their R5L interview that "the windfall of the proceeds would go to charity"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts