Rage against the x-factor

A

Anonymous

it wouldnt surprise me if simon cowell owns r.a.t.m record label .. now wouldnt that be fun ??
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

There was a story in the daily mail saying that when he found out about the campain he did buy the rights but being a tabloid newspaper and since it seems to adore the x-factor a little bit of misinformation can go a long way, so true or not buy rages single whats important is not how much more money simon has its that something other than the x-factor is no1 !

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Yup, just more publicity for the high trouser wearing buffoon that is Simon Cowell. Christmas number ones are nearly always naff anyway and lets face it with 3 months of bombarding the gullible ITV viewing public with his evil marketing campaign (sorry talent show), is it any surprise the winner will get to No.1, no matter what a few Rage fans do? That said, thanks to the campaign, I played the song on my Squeezebox for the first time in yonks and it's a great song.

PS. If anyone is left in any doubt, I can't stand X Factor, although Cheryl is fine.
emotion-2.gif

PPS. Wasn't there a campaign last year to do the same except it backfired as Cowell owned the rights to the 'alternative' song?

kPfRLewAJVEQ0AAAAASUVORK5CYII%3D

A

Anonymous

eremis6:There was a story in the daily mail saying that when he found out about the campain he did buy the rights but being a tabloid newspaper and since it seems to adore the x-factor a little bit of misinformation can go a long way, so true or not buy rages single whats important is not how much more money simon has its that something other than the x-factor is no1 !why is that so important ?? i presume people that dont like the x factor dont watch it , so why not just , dont buy the x factor single ?? r.a.t.m are not my thing , but i dont go around telling people not to buy their records , live and let live ....

A

Anonymous

Ye jeff Beck i think he got no2 its still worth a try from what ive read though 600 000 people have promised on facebook to buy it so its not just afew rage fans theres a big reaction against it .

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
d4v3pum4:
Yup, just more publicity for the high trouser wearing buffoon that is Simon Cowell. x]

Yeah, a real buffoon - who's left laughing with all the money, eh?
emotion-40.gif

kPfRLewAJVEQ0AAAAASUVORK5CYII%3D

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
eremis6:Ye jeff Beck i think he got no2

Or even Jeff Buckley
emotion-15.gif
It was Hallelujah, not Hi-ho Silver Lining (though don't rule that out as a future X Factor choice
emotion-5.gif
)

But yes, Simon Cowell's Syco record label is stablemates with Columbia Records - issuer of the Buckley archive - unnder the Sony Music umbrella.....

A

Anonymous

ye sorry it was but i dont think this is about simon c. its just an opertunity to have something other than the latest x-factor winneras the xmas no1 im sure there are plenty other songs which would have been a better choice for xmas but thats the campain thats running and the one most likely to have chance so why not.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps you would prefer "Two Little Boys" by Rolf Harris as a re-issued Christmas number one? Always "Mistletoe and Wine" by Cliff as an alternative!

A

Anonymous

Anything at all! just something unexpected. But as i said this is the most likely candidate.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:eremis6:There was a story in the daily mail saying that when he found out about the campain he did buy the rights but being a tabloid newspaper and since it seems to adore the x-factor a little bit of misinformation can go a long way, so true or not buy rages single whats important is not how much more money simon has its that something other than the x-factor is no1 !why is that so important ?? i presume people that dont like the x factor dont watch it , so why not just , dont buy the x factor single ?? r.a.t.m are not my thing , but i dont go around telling people not to buy their records , live and let live ....

Its not 'important' at all. But since X factor started they can pretty much guarantee that EVERY year, whoever is the finalist will get the xmas number 1

Everyone has their own tastes but even the big groups like U2 and coldplay etc dont stand a chance against X factor finalists! Call me old fashioned but thats REALLY not what I believe should be happening.

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:
maxflinn:eremis6:There was a story in the daily mail saying that when he found out about the campain he did buy the rights but being a tabloid newspaper and since it seems to adore the x-factor a little bit of misinformation can go a long way, so true or not buy rages single whats important is not how much more money simon has its that something other than the x-factor is no1 !why is that so important ?? i presume people that dont like the x factor dont watch it , so why not just , dont buy the x factor single ?? r.a.t.m are not my thing , but i dont go around telling people not to buy their records , live and let live ....

Its not 'important' at all. But since X factor started they can pretty much guarantee that EVERY year, whoever is the finalist will get the xmas number 1

Everyone has their own tastes but even the big groups like U2 and coldplay etc dont stand a chance against X factor finalists! Call me old fashioned but thats REALLY not what I believe should be happening.

I agree.Louis said that the Xfactor song would be number 1 and would sell 1 million copies. Imnot one of those who hates the show but I think itis a real shame when the Xmas number 1 is a given. I remember not so long ago you could place bets on what would be number 1. There was at least a couple of contenders. No point these days.Ah well!

Mind you better the Xfactor winner being number 1 than that George Michael drivel!

P.S. Was it just me or was the arrangement of Twist and Shout that Olly sang horrendous.

He should have sang the Chaka Demus and Pliers version!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I watched an entire X Factor for the first time ever last night. (okay, so I glanced up from WHF from time to time, but I vaguely followed what went on).

That Olly chap seemed to be a much better singer and performer.

Simon must be delighted he lost. Other than "Jedward", he owns all the acts. Much better putting forward the teen (not quite) sensation to be Christmas number one (supported by legions of young girls) and fade to obscurity in the New Year, when the runner-up can, like a true plucky brit underdogs, have a sustained career next year (by sustained career, I mean more than 3 singles).

A

Anonymous

Excellent cause already bought my copy, lets recover our xmas no1 people!

You don't need to be a fan of rage against the machine , just a fan of original music!

Ironically I don't mind X factor either, I do find it stupid that the song is a damn Miley Cyrus cover!

A

Anonymous

Try as I might I cannot see any content in this thread as regards Home Cinema

Should it not be moved to the Hi Fi section or better still discussed in some sad social networking site

I also didn't know this site could be used as free advertising to promote a recording by a particular artist to their financial benefit but if that is acceptable perhaps WHF could inform a certain Mr Cowell of the opportunity to respond

There are a lot more injustices in the world such as the war crimes , carried out in our name , by Tony Blair rather than a campaign against a rather irrelevant TV program but this is not the place for such discussions

Please please can we stick to forum content , Home Cinema

A

Anonymous

I honestly dont think RATM need any royalties generated from their mention on the WHFs. As influential as it is!

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
aliEnRIK:

Agreed, any discerning music fan shouldn't be concerned what's at number 1 in the pop charts.

(and for what it's worth I think Joe Mcelderry is only slightly less naff than Coldplay)

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Who cares what the Xmas no.1 is? It's all meaningless these days anyway. Do people still take notice of the 'charts'?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
gpi:Who cares what the Xmas no.1 is? It's all meaningless these days anyway. Do people still take notice of the 'charts'?

Couldn't agree more, it's been talentless, manufactured bands for a while now. I can't listen to Capital Radio any more as all it plays is rubbish.

A

Anonymous

dont u fancy just once having the chance to have a little bit of say in the music industry instead of being bombarded with what those with the money and the power decide will be in the charts. its been controled for years and probably always will be, but heres a chance to stop the obvious from occuring. it may not work but its only a few pence. Rage against the machines single is currently sitting at no2 in the i-tunes charts!

D

Deleted member 2457

Just heard on the news that this one is easily beating the x factor one in the download chart, mind you the x factor song is rubbish.

TRENDING THREADS