Rage against the x-factor

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

The fact that the charts is a farce is nothing to do with this campaign. At least its more interesting than the Xfactor single being guaranteed number1!

Oh and a couple of charities benefit in the process!

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
bobbyg81:

The fact that the charts is a farce is nothing to do with this campaign. At least its more interesting than the Xfactor single being guaranteed number1!

Oh and a couple of charities benefit in the process!

I.

Never.

Said.

It.

Had.

Anything.

To.

Do.

With.

This.

Campaign.

A

Anonymous

I misunderstood your post. For that im sorry.You should re-read your others before getting uppity about my minor mistake.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:Yep.......................Killing in the Name is the official xmas no.1

I owe you an apology dave - de la rocha just confrmed live on radio 1 that a portion would be going to shelter. he didnt mention anyone else, but didnt say it would only be shelter either.

Sorry guv.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
bobbyg81:I misunderstood your post. For that im sorry.You should re-read your others before getting uppity about my minor mistake.

I was a little harsh and i apologise for the manner of my correction. Wont be rereading anything tho, i see no need at all, and im not even sure you know why you're telling me to do that. I'm well aware of my transgresions. Probably far more aware of them than you.

EDIT in fact i was a bit of a prat. very harsh indeed. way OTT even. Again, sorry.

D

Deleted member 2457

al7478:

gel:What they got the number 1 for xmas?

Yes indeed.

emotion-11.gif
about time Simon Cowell was brought down a peg or two.

A

Anonymous

im not wanting an argument but I do think you were harsh considering your posts have many assumptions and accusations that had no basis in fact.

I hope you have a nice xmas though. There is no point in arguing about this anymore.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
bobbyg81:your posts have many assumptions and accusations that had no basis in fact.

And you dont want an argument? OK, ill just have a giggle.

But a sincere "Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and yours".

A

Anonymous

I am delighted that RATM won, however, as far as I am aware, both artists are on contract to the Sony record label, ... so it was actually Sony vs Sony .... or am I missing something?

(excuse my ignorance, but have not been following this closely)

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
dim_span:

I am delighted that RATM won, however, as far as I am aware, both artists are on contract to the Sony record label, ... so it was actually Sony vs Sony .... or am I missing something?

i believe so. one of the contradictions in being a band with a certain viewpoint who wish also to be well known enough to get their message across is that they often end up on major labels or subsidiaries thereof.

many will still say there is a certain point of priciple at stake. tho im not sure im one of them.

daveh75

dim_span:

Yes,they're both on the Sony label(s)-So Sony are the real winners!

A

Anonymous

daveh75:dim_span:

Yes,they're both on the Sony label(s)-So Sony are the real winners!

thanks for clarifing ... will however buy the RATM song as they are donating proceeds to a good cause

A

Anonymous

i remember a few mates going to see RATM in brixton , 1994 i think , i havnt heard of them once since then , until last week , its probably the same for an awful lot of people , now im curious , and im going to have a listen to a few of their tracks on you tube , i might even like them , maybe even buy a cd , maybe this little anti x factor campaign has paid for a few xtra turkeys for the homeless , and thats nice , but RATM will get alot more than that out of it , anyway good luck to them , it was a lucky xmas snowball they were in the middle of ...

A

Anonymous

al7478:
bobbyg81:your posts have many assumptions and accusations that had no basis in fact.

And you dont want an argument? OK, ill just have a giggle.

But a sincere "Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and yours".

Oops!
emotion-10.gif

All the best!

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Well I'm really pleased with the result....I even listened to the Chart Show on R1 (I think it's fair to say that I'm not an X Factor fan nor do I enjoy the music/artists which eminate from it).

I feel the result is actually important whether you wanted RATM to be Christmas Number 1 or not. It demonstrates the power of the internet and puts that power in the hands of the little people. So, is this the real start of the internet revolution? Maybe.

Oh, And I was struck by the general poor quality of the music in the charts. But, then again, I always have been.

rageag-rageag_05.jpg

daveh75

PJPro:I feel the result is actually important whether you wanted RATM to be Christmas Number 1 or not. It demonstrates the power of the internet and puts that power in the hands of the little people. So, is this the real start of the internet revolution? Maybe.

rageag-rageag_05.jpg

Citizen_smith.jpg

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
PJPro:Well I'm really pleased with the result....I even listened to the Chart Show on R1 (I think it's fair to say that I'm not an X Factor fan nor do I enjoy the music/artists which eminate from it). I feel the result is actually important whether you wanted RATM to be Christmas Number 1 or not. It demonstrates the power of the internet and puts that power in the hands of the little people. So, is this the real start of the internet revolution? Maybe. Oh, And I was struck by the general poor quality of the music in the charts. But, then again, I always have been.
rageag-rageag_05.jpg

Yup, if people see Simon Cowell/X-factor as a manipulation of the Xmas charts it just shows that the "little people" can manipulate it as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts