R PAC USB DAC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi have just been reading up on this little device bit confused can i connect this to my denon dm38dab to improve the sound when playing it through my ipod???????

A

Anonymous

yes it does has anyone tried this with the denon dm38 does it really improve the sound so much????????

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
martin38 said:
yes it does has anyone tried this with the denon dm38 does it really improve the sound so much????????

The Denon may have a USB INPUT but I'd be very surprised if it's also an OUTPUT, which is what you'd need to connect the RPAC to it. That would also bypass the Denon's amp stage so the output from the RPAC would need to be sent to another amp )or back to the Denon.

What you should be doing is connecting the RPAC by USB to a Laptop or other computer and then take the analogue output from the RPAC into the Denon via one of its analogue inputs.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply still not clear on this have no laptop at home so am i in trouble if i buy this item

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Yes, there is no point you buying the RPAC, you have nothing to connect it to, any DAC would need to go between your iPod and the Denon but the RPAC can't connect to the iPod.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
What The_Lhc is saying is, you need to connect your source to the USB DAC, not the Denon - the Denon is the amplifier and only has a USB input, not an output, so you can't connect the Denon to the DAC.

Instead, you'd need to connect your digital source into the USB DAC. However, I don't think this is possible with the iPod, so if this is the only source you have, then that USB DAC isn't of any use to you I'm afraid.

**EDIT - apologies for duplicate info - was looking up the Denon's info to ensure the USB port was definitely just an input!

A

Anonymous

ok even more confused now have spoken to hifi shop they tell me the output is on bottom of ipod ie where cable goes from bottom of ipod to input in denon they say i need to take cable output from bottom of ipod then plug input of cable into the dac then plug the dac into the back of my denon any ideas anyone???

thanks martin.....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Yes, that's how a DAC works, it goes after the digital source (the iPod) and before the amplifier (the Denon). Only thing here is I don't know if the RPAC is actually compatible with an iPod. There's no mention of iPods in any of ARCAM's product details for the RPAC, it's all PCs and Macs, so I'd suggest the hi-fi dealer doesn't know what they're talking about.

A

Anonymous

praise the lord i think i have found the answer a project doc box digitial s yours for 200 pounds

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts