Quick interconnect advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm thinking about upgrading my interconnects. My system consists of Arcam Aplha 9 intergrated amp plus Alpha 8SE cd player, hooked up to some B&W 685's with QED Silver Anniversary Biwire cables. The choice I have is between QED Silver Spiral, Clearaudio Copperline, and possibly Chord. Other brands often cited in WHF aren't available here. Silver Spiral might seem like the obvious choice, but WHF describes them as having a "slightly clinical style". I cannot take them home to test since they'll no doubt need to be ordered in by the store. I listen to mostly rock. Advice?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
FWIW. In my limited experience. Van Den Hul have a slightly warmer sound, great if your treble is on the bright side. I had a pair of 'The Bay' I/Cs for a while, but needed more detail and soundstage, I would imagine the VDHs further up the range would address this to varying degrees.

I currently use Kimber I/Cs. These have opened up the soundstage considerably, also I have more detail (as well I should at the price), but they are brighter. Ideally, I'd like to find a cable that's 70% Kimber & 30% VDH. As it stands I'll stick with my Kimber cables for now.

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
Hello Captain Destructo, My name is Darren Smith from Clearer Audio. I have owned both the Arcam Alpha 8SE CD Player and Arcam Alpha 9 Integrated Amplifier and thoroughly enjoyed them. I was very fond of the 8SE; it excelled with rock music having great energy, attack and drive. Given how your system sounds now, which areas do you want to improve on? Are there any specific aspects that you feel are lacking? Also what interconnects do you currently have? As you may already know we offer a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee along with Free UK Mainland Delivery so you can try any of our products without risk. I hope that I have been of assistance. Please feel free to contact me directly on 01702 543981 should you have any questions or queries. Kind regards, Darren

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts