Quality of some Blu-ray Discs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
I enjoyed avatar a lot of films like avatar and transformers 1,2 and 3 require the brain to be turned off.but they look amazing on blu ray.i know some people like grain but I hate it .warrior and 300 are horrific for grain.

Watched after earth on the ZT last night ,would like to have seen the ZT and a 4k tv playing that movie side by side.

I'd say 300 is a bit different though. They've used grain as a stylistic choice for that - bit like complaining Schindler's List is in black and white (mostly!).

T

theflyingwasp

To be honest I don't really mind the lens flare I just don't see the point of it,

yes dangalf i think that's what zach Snyder was going for with the look of 300 ,hope man of steel looks good on blu ray.the walking dead also looks like they purposely made it look grainy and void of much colour.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
yes dangalf i think that's what zach Snyder was going for with the look of 300 ,hope man of steel looks good on blu ray.the walking dead also looks like they purposely made it look grainy and void of much colour.

Grud forbid a director should attempt to exercise any artistic creativity eh?

T

theflyingwasp

I just prefer digital film ,walking dead season 2 was very grainy to the point I couldn't enjoy it due to looking at the state of the picture .

I would have been better buying the DVD box set and cranking the IFC mode up to max.

Warrior and the grey is also very bad for grain.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
theflyingwasp said:
Don't get me started on those 2 ,JJ "LENS FLARE" Abrams and Christopher " I won't do 3d or commentarys " Nolan :)

To be fair Abrams has admitted that he overdid the lens flare on Star Trek II: The Wrath of Harrison.
As well he might - the amount of lense flare in that film was ridiculous

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts