QED vs Audioquest

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
K

keeper of the quays

Im amazed at some of the comments here..esp as it comes from people who like music? Are you so hard hearted and worldy wise as to see everything in such a cynical way? Did it not occur to anyone the posters worry about his dog and the obvious relief that something which you sneer at worked? I cant imagine how you bring all this cynicism to your listening of music? Do you think beethovens late quartets are just violins yowling? Could you imagine it may be beethovens culmination of all his compositions in a almost otherwordly beauty..and his acceptance that his work was almost finished and his last outpourings were of serenity...if you lot of sneerers actually appreciated music? You would have empathy..which some of you lot obviously dont!

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:
drummerman said:
BigH said:
drummerman said:
abacus said:
We're still waiting for verifiable proof that cables sound different, (One person’s opinion is just that, opinion not proof) however nothing seems to be forthcoming.

Bill

Cables dont 'sound' silly but they sure can affect the signal  ;-)

Paul Miller has done cable tests with accompanying measurements.

None measured the same.

Wheres that then, I can see some usb ones? 

Past issue of HN&RR. I got a copy amidst the many I have. I don't think I have the time to look for it today but will do so tomorrow (with Issue # and date). The test was measuring analogue Interconnect and speaker cables.

Some claim the differences measured are to small to be audible.

It seems clearly not.

If I recall right I was trying to explain this to TrevC the other week.....

Mentioned a 3,4,5 right angle triangle to try to demonstrate why there is no such thing as 'too small' with regards the math...

Ah well......

The values of inductance, capacitance and resistance of a piece of screened wire are too small to have any audible effect on an audio signal at line level. Even one that is many metres long, like in this blind test. http://matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm

Of course speaker cables are different, they have to be low resistance, so those not up to the job (not thick enough) will sound different.

Please don't try and pretend to have a point when you don't. You are clueless.

Lol.....you see?

No point Trev - internets a dangerous place......

Audio, visual, data, it matters.......

TrevC

drummerman said:
TrevC said:
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
TrevC said:
keeper of the quays said:
busb said:
Without wishing to stir up a hornets of golden ears vs the half wits! There are clear differences between cable and interconnects and believe it or not? Speakers!!! But you need good kit to understand this simple truth..perhaps cooker cable? or that uber cheap speaker cable (the free stuff you get with midi systems) lol...my preference is QED

Sorry, you must be wrong - there can't possibly be any differences between speaker cables of similar cross-sectional area & conductor material, amplifiers of similar specification & all DACs sound the same. Do keep up man - engineering dictates that all these perceived differences are down to auto-suggested propaganda - if there's no scientific expalanation, these differences can only exist in the inferior minds such as yours & mine. Remember, if it can't be proved it can't exist - despite your own experience mistakenly telling you otherwise.
well? Come round to my house..ill put kettle on! Listen to my kit..then ill remove my lfd top of range two inch thick interconnects between power amp and pre amp..then ill put my vdh the name interconnects between said amp and pre? And you listen..if the difference isnt night and day? The name interconnect is a good one too! Then im a dutchman! Ps i just read your post more carefully! Lol..sorry i see your being ironic..so my post is aimed at the oafs who think all cables sound the same..it bloody not the case!!!!

Any screened wire will sound the same as any other screened wire. Coax, silver, copper, whatever. they will all sound identical in that application. Wire Interconnects of non-standard consruction can sound different because they can have resistors and all sorts of nonsense built in. You are probably imagining the differences, people do. The entire homeopathy fake medicine industry works in the same way. Check out the interconnects in this blind test. http://matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm

Trev

My male bull terrier has had lots of health issues his whole life and ive spent thousands at the vets. He now is 8 and his kidneys have started to go.

He got so bad that he would not even get up to walk.

Hes on loads of monthly injections. Tablets the lot.

Anyway last resort as was at the point thinking he would need putting out of misery.

So 3 months ago took him to an holistic vet. 2 weeks after hes running around again like a puppy jumping up like he was years ago. Hes even put on another 3 kg since 3 months (he lost 10kg)

That is wonderfull and I'm happy it is going well. Doesn't matter how, it just is.

I agree. I thought my 17 year old cat was on the slippery slope but no, he recovered, all by himself.

My guess is he knew you were to tight to send him to the vet so he successfully sought homeopathic therapy himself.

I gave him homeopathic treatments at home by administering nothing.

TrevC

Im amazed at some of the comments here..esp as it comes from people who like music? Are you so hard hearted and worldy wise as to see everything in such a cynical way? Did it not occur to anyone the posters worry about his dog and the obvious relief that something which you sneer at worked? I cant imagine how you bring all this cynicism to your listening of music? Do you think beethovens late quartets are just violins yowling? Could you imagine it may be beethovens culmination of all his compositions in a almost otherwordly beauty..and his acceptance that his work was almost finished and his last outpourings were of serenity...if you lot of sneerers actually appreciated music? You would have empathy..which some of you lot obviously dont!

Disliking charlatans and tricksters like those that practise homeopathic nonsense has eff all to do with altruism and the love of animals or music. If we could be rid of religion as well there would be far more love, peace and understanding in the world.

TrevC

Thompsonuxb said:
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:
drummerman said:
BigH said:
drummerman said:
abacus said:
We're still waiting for verifiable proof that cables sound different, (One person’s opinion is just that, opinion not proof) however nothing seems to be forthcoming.

Bill

Cables dont 'sound' silly but they sure can affect the signal ;-)

None measured the same.

Past issue of HN&RR. I got a copy amidst the many I have. I don't think I have the time to look for it today but will do so tomorrow (with Issue # and date). The test was measuring analogue Interconnect and speaker cables.

It seems clearly not.

Mentioned a 3,4,5 right angle triangle to try to demonstrate why there is no such thing as 'too small' with regards the math...

Ah well......

The values of inductance, capacitance and resistance of a piece of screened wire are too small to have any audible effect on an audio signal at line level. Even one that is many metres long, like in this blind test. http://matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm

Of course speaker cables are different, they have to be low resistance, so those not up to the job (not thick enough) will sound different.

Lol.....you see?

Wibble. Can anyone translate this? Google doesn't do pidgin.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:
drummerman said:
BigH said:
drummerman said:
abacus said:

Bill

Cables dont 'sound' silly but they sure can affect the signal  ;-)

None measured the same.

It seems clearly not.

Ah well......

The values of inductance, capacitance and resistance of a piece of screened wire are too small to have any audible effect on an audio signal at line level. Even one that is many metres long, like in this blind test. http://matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm

Lol.....you see?

Wibble. Can anyone translate this? Google doesn't do pidgin.

Yep!

You're a dunce pretending to be smart using the likes off Google/wiki to to try and hide this fact.

Your lack of understanding is exposed consistently though, has you simply don't have a basic understanding of the principles concerning information transfer.

Hence no real point arguing with you.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:
TrevC said:
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
TrevC said:
busb said:
Without wishing to stir up a hornets of golden ears vs the half wits! There are clear differences between cable and interconnects and believe it or not? Speakers!!! But you need good kit to understand this simple truth..perhaps cooker cable? or that uber cheap speaker cable (the free stuff you get with midi systems) lol...my preference is QED

Sorry, you must be wrong - there can't possibly be any differences between speaker cables of similar cross-sectional area & conductor material, amplifiers of similar specification & all DACs sound the same. Do keep up man - engineering dictates that all these perceived differences are down to auto-suggested propaganda - if there's no scientific expalanation, these differences can only exist in the inferior minds such as yours & mine. Remember, if it can't be proved it can't exist - despite your own experience mistakenly telling you otherwise.
well? Come round to my house..ill put kettle on! Listen to my kit..then ill remove my lfd top of range two inch thick interconnects between power amp and pre amp..then ill put my vdh the name interconnects between said amp and pre? And you listen..if the difference isnt night and day? The name interconnect is a good one too! Then im a dutchman! Ps i just read your post more carefully! Lol..sorry i see your being ironic..so my post is aimed at the oafs who think all cables sound the same..it bloody not the case!!!!

Any screened wire will sound the same as any other screened wire. Coax, silver, copper, whatever. they will all sound identical in that application. Wire Interconnects of non-standard consruction can sound different because they can have resistors and all sorts of nonsense built in. You are probably imagining the differences, people do. The entire homeopathy fake medicine industry works in the same way. Check out the interconnects in this blind test. http://matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm

Trev

My male bull terrier has had lots of health issues his whole life and ive spent thousands at the vets. He now is 8 and his kidneys have started to go.

Anyway last resort as was at the point thinking he would need putting out of misery.

So 3 months ago took him to an holistic vet. 2 weeks after hes running around again like a puppy jumping up like he was years ago. Hes even put on another 3 kg since 3 months (he lost 10kg)

That is wonderfull and I'm happy it is going well. Doesn't matter how, it just is. 

I agree. I thought my 17 year old cat was on the slippery slope but no, he recovered, all by himself.

My guess is he knew you were to tight to send him to the vet so he successfully sought homeopathic therapy himself.

Even my vet said keep up with the course- nothing weve done past 8 years has helped.

My point it was all about the correct nutritian and holistic medicine. My dog does not even know hes taking it. My comment was in reaction to trevs homopathy is total rubbish and only wanted to share my recent experience.
Im a believer as ive seen it work.

K

keeper of the quays

TrevC said:

Disliking charlatans and tricksters like those that practise homeopathic nonsense has eff all to do with altruism and the love of animals or music. If we could be rid of religion as well there would be far more love, peace and understanding in the world.
I don't think I was pushing homoeopathy as a cure all..it isn't! But it can be helpful, what got my goat was the flippant remarks about the dog..if you feel the need to argue the toss with everyone? That's fine..but having some common decency would be nice! The guy was obviously concerned for his dog and clear relief that a different way of treating the ailment worked!!! Is something that we should applaud..not castigate..and have empathy with him..its called being human..perhaps you can remember this in future posts..when it comes to pets suffering? A little kindness goes a long way..

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
drummerman said:
TrevC said:
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
TrevC said:
busb said:

Any screened wire will sound the same as any other screened wire. Coax, silver, copper, whatever. they will all sound identical in that application. Wire Interconnects of non-standard consruction can sound different because they can have resistors and all sorts of nonsense built in. You are probably imagining the differences, people do. The entire homeopathy fake medicine industry works in the same way. Check out the interconnects in this blind test. http://matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm

Trev

My guess is he knew you were to tight to send him to the vet so he successfully sought homeopathic therapy himself.

Even my vet said keep up with the course- nothing weve done past 8 years has helped.

My point it was all about the correct nutritian and holistic medicine. My dog does not even know hes taking it. My comment was in reaction to trevs homopathy is total rubbish and only wanted to share my recent experience. Im a believer as ive seen it work.

Glad it worked and my apologies if anything I've said came over other than being happy for you and your hairy friend.

Personally and although I've questioned TrevC's usual dismissive comments I am slightly sceptical when it comes to homeopathy. Probably mostly because I have never used any of it myself so have no experience but to dismiss it out of hand I wouldn't.

I guess, its a little bit like cables, if you have heard the difference yourself, you know.

Sorry to the OP. - QED are no doubt ok

rainsoothe

Vladimir said:
If you have bass boom you want to reduce, go with AQ. Otherwise go QED or VDH.

+1 to this. I used to own AQ Type 4, and it's a great cable, but if you're a bass fiend or can position speakers propperly, QED 40XT brought out the bass my system really had.

Also, Trev, strands are indeed strands. Too bad AQ Type 4 is single wire solid copper.

As for proving cables make a difference, I think one can make a very easy test - like when the XT40 made my system boomy vs the bass-taming Type4, use a glass of water and watch the ripples the QED makes ;)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:
Andrewjvt said:
drummerman said:
TrevC said:
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
TrevC said:
busb said:

Any screened wire will sound the same as any other screened wire. Coax, silver, copper, whatever. they will all sound identical in that application. Wire Interconnects of non-standard consruction can sound different because they can have resistors and all sorts of nonsense built in. You are probably imagining the differences, people do. The entire homeopathy fake medicine industry works in the same way. Check out the interconnects in this blind test. http://matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm

Trev

My guess is he knew you were to tight to send him to the vet so he successfully sought homeopathic therapy himself.

My point it was all about the correct nutritian and holistic medicine. My dog does not even know hes taking it. My comment was in reaction to trevs homopathy is total rubbish and only wanted to share my recent experience. Im a believer as ive seen it work.

Glad it worked and my apologies if anything I've said came over other than being happy for you and your hairy friend.

Personally and although I've questioned TrevC's usual dismissive comments I am slightly sceptical when it comes to homeopathy. Probably mostly because I have never used any of it myself so have no experience but to dismiss it out of hand I wouldn't.

I guess, its a little bit like cables, if you have heard the difference yourself, you know.

Sorry to the OP. - QED are no doubt ok

Sorry to op no nothing anyone said was bad or taken wrong.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
rainsoothe said:
Vladimir said:
If you have bass boom you want to reduce, go with AQ. Otherwise go QED or VDH.

+1 to this. I used to own AQ Type 4, and it's a great cable, but if you're a bass fiend or can position speakers propperly, QED 40XT brought out the bass my system really had.

Also, Trev, strands are indeed strands. Too bad AQ Type 4 is single wire solid copper.

As for proving cables make a difference, I think one can make a very easy test - like when the XT40 made my system boomy vs the bass-taming Type4, use a glass of water and watch the ripples the QED makes ;)
i got audioquest rocket type 33 on order solid core copper but still waiting for it to turn up but will let you know if its any better then atles hyber stranded cable when it turns up

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Ok I got my audioquest cable yesterday I have noticed a big difference from my old cable which I was using atles hyper cable at £12.50 a meter the audioquest is much more cleaner in sound and much more sharper then the atles cable was with much more realistic bass sound with instruments sound more natural then before . Believe me I was unsure if this cable would make much of a difference here but it has done . And for the people that say all cables sound the same it's completely rubbish there are differences in some cables depends on what cable you go for and how much you spend

TrevC

Blacksabbath25 said:
Ok I got my audioquest cable yesterday I have noticed a big difference from my old cable which I was using atles hyper cable at £12.50 a meter the audioquest is much more cleaner in sound and much more sharper then the atles cable was with much more realistic bass sound with instruments sound more natural then before . Believe me I was unsure if this cable would make much of a difference here but it has done . And for the people that say all cables sound the same it's completely rubbish there are differences in some cables depends on what cable you go for and how much you spend

You'll be saying Jesus loves you next.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
TrevC said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

You'll be saying Jesus loves you next.
he does !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts