QED vs Audioquest

kukulec

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
So as Van damme cable seems to be dividing, I tend to chose either QED ruby anniversary evolution or Audioquest type4. The cable would be 2*2 meters. Which one you would go with?

K

keeper of the quays

kukulec said:
So as Van damme cable seems to be dividing, I tend to chose either QED ruby anniversary evolution or Audioquest type4. The cable would be 2*2 meters. Which one you would go with?
i use QED am very happy with mine..

Both are established brands, who can be relied upon, as long as you believe decent cables are worthwhile (as I do). I recommend asking the supplying dealer who you can also inform what equipment you are using. We don't know!

abacus

Forget the rantings of the golden eared brigade, (Their just gullible) as none of them have ever provided any verifiable proof that different cables sound different, (Hence a lot of Hi Fi cable manufactures have been bought up before the ASA, and forced to change their unproven nonsense claims) so just stick with appropriate sized OFC copper. (Van Damme is one of many that are used in pro studios, whose equipment makes yours look and sound like a wind up gramophone, (Same as those owned by the golden eared brigade) so is everything you will need)

Hope this helps

Bill

K

keeper of the quays

abacus said:
Forget the rantings of the golden eared brigade, (Their just gullible) as none of them have ever provided any verifiable proof that different cables sound different, (Hence a lot of Hi Fi cable manufactures have been bought up before the ASA, and forced to change their unproven nonsense claims) so just stick with appropriate sized OFC copper. (Van Damme is one of many that are used in pro studios, whose equipment makes yours look and sound like a wind up gramophone, (Same as those owned by the golden eared brigade) so is everything you will need)

Hope this helps

Bill
did someone mention wind up gramophone?

K

keeper of the quays

Without wishing to stir up a hornets of golden ears vs the half wits! There are clear differences between cable and interconnects and believe it or not? Speakers!!! But you need good kit to understand this simple truth..perhaps cooker cable? or that uber cheap speaker cable (the free stuff you get with midi systems) lol...my preference is QED

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Whatever you buy, buy it online then you have 7 days to return it if you don't like it. Buy a bit longer than you need, are you sure you only need 2ms?

kukulec

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Guys, I don't want to restart the debate whether there is a difference between cables. For my ears, there is. The two speakers will be two meters from each other, so 2*2 meters is more than enough. The dealer used a Vertere and he suggested Van den Hul. Now after Vertere, VdHs were like dead fish *biggrin* I will check if I can get via internet the QED, so that I can turn it back if it is not a good match for my setup. Thank you all!

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
kukulec said:
Guys, I don't want to restart the debate whether there is a difference between cables. For my ears, there is. The two speakers will be two meters from each other, so 2*2 meters is more than enough. The dealer used a Vertere and he suggested Van den Hul. Now after Vertere, VdHs were like dead fish *biggrin* I will check if I can get via internet the QED, so that I can turn it back if it is not a good match for my setup. Thank you all!

You can order direct from QED. But check elsewhere as well maybe they are discounted.

Dom

Couldn't you try all three. See which one sounds best. I'm thinking of buying the Chord C-Line RCA cables, but I really want to 'Try' diffferent cables and pick the one i thinks best.

Good luck

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
Without wishing to stir up a hornets of golden ears vs the half wits! There are clear differences between cable and interconnects and believe it or not? Speakers!!! But you need good kit to understand this simple truth..perhaps cooker cable? or that uber cheap speaker cable (the free stuff you get with midi systems) lol...my preference is QED

Sorry, you must be wrong - there can't possibly be any differences between speaker cables of similar cross-sectional area & conductor material, amplifiers of similar specification & all DACs sound the same. Do keep up man - engineering dictates that all these perceived differences are down to auto-suggested propaganda - if there's no scientific expalanation, these differences can only exist in the inferior minds such as yours & mine. Remember, if it can't be proved it can't exist - despite your own experience mistakenly telling you otherwise.

K

keeper of the quays

busb said:

Sorry, you must be wrong - there can't possibly be any differences between speaker cables of similar cross-sectional area & conductor material, amplifiers of similar specification & all DACs sound the same. Do keep up man - engineering dictates that all these perceived differences are down to auto-suggested propaganda - if there's no scientific expalanation, these differences can only exist in the inferior minds such as yours & mine. Remember, if it can't be proved it can't exist - despite your own experience mistakenly telling you otherwise.
well? Come round to my house..ill put kettle on! Listen to my kit..then ill remove my lfd top of range two inch thick interconnects between power amp and pre amp..then ill put my vdh the name interconnects between said amp and pre? And you listen..if the difference isnt night and day? The name interconnect is a good one too! Then im a dutchman! Ps i just read your post more carefully! Lol..sorry i see your being ironic..so my post is aimed at the oafs who think all cables sound the same..it bloody not the case!!!!

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
busb said:

well? Come round to my house..ill put kettle on! Listen to my kit..then ill remove my lfd top of range two inch thick interconnects between power amp and pre amp..then ill put my vdh the name interconnects between said amp and pre? And you listen..if the difference isnt night and day? The name interconnect is a good one too! Then im a dutchman! Ps i just read your post more carefully! Lol..sorry i see your being ironic..so my post is aimed at the oafs who think all cables sound the same..it bloody not the case!!!!

That explains it!!

abacus said:
We're still waiting for verifiable proof that cables sound different, (One person’s opinion is just that, opinion not proof) however nothing seems to be forthcoming.

Bill
I didn't think anyone doubted they can sound different, more that one finds it harder to define what is necessarily "better".

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
busb said:

My detailed reply has been blocked - I'll try later this weekend

K

keeper of the quays

busb said:
busb said:

My detailed reply has been blocked - I'll try later this weekend
has it? Its the illuminati..they suddenly noticed that i am the oracle of truth! And anyone who possibly agrees with me? Gets blocked and the teeth gnashers get through to call me a buffoon! I knew it..im agog with indignation...

K

keeper of the quays

abacus said:
We're still waiting for verifiable proof that cables sound different, (One person’s opinion is just that, opinion not proof) however nothing seems to be forthcoming.

Bill
come round to my gaff..i brew my own beer! Listen to my interconnects then you decide..if your worried bout being so so wrong? I wont expect a grovelling apology! Lol..(im trying to be funny..no offence intended)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
abacus said:

Bill

Cables dont 'sound' silly but they sure can affect the signal ;-)

Paul Miller has done cable tests with accompanying measurements.

None measured the same.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
abacus said:

Bill
come round to my gaff..i brew my own beer! Listen to my interconnects then you decide..if your worried bout being so so wrong? I wont expect a grovelling apology! Lol..(im trying to be funny..no offence intended)

Are you a full masher?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
drummerman said:
abacus said:

Bill

Cables dont 'sound' silly but they sure can affect the signal ;-)

Paul Miller has done cable tests with accompanying measurements.

None measured the same.

Wheres that then, I can see some usb ones?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts