QED Signature HDMI or Chord Company Active HDMI?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

jase fox:Unfortunately that's all in our heads Michael, obviously were deluded to the non-believers, what there not taking into effect is with what materials the cables use like teflon for e.g or gamma geometry / silver or copper plated / DCT treated etc etcAll i know is they make differences to me and that's frankly all that mattersI'm afraid you've missed the point, and the point of scientific testing.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

grifz:THE END FULLSTOP

See what I mean?
emotion-5.gif

Hi Andrew, it would be interesting to get your view, when I say:

"The point is that with HDMI it is not a matter of subjectivity, if a cable works it will do exactly the same job as another one that works whatever the brand and cost."

Do you agree?

(To be clear analogue is a different matter, we are talking HDMI only)

Regards.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Childs1962:Hi Andrew, it would be interesting to get your view, when I say:

"The point is that with HDMI it is not a matter of subjectivity, if a cable works it will do exactly the same job as another one that works whatever the brand and cost."

Do you agree?

Yes, I absolutely agree that is your view.

michael hoy

Childs1962:Andrew Everard:

grifz:THE END FULLSTOP

See what I mean?
emotion-5.gif

Hi Andrew, it would be interesting to get your view, when I say:

Do you agree?

(To be clear analogue is a different matter, we are talking HDMI only)

Regards.

If you mean works by you receive a picture and or sound at the other end then yes all HDMI cables are equal, whether what is received at the other end tastes or looks like what went in is a different matter.

michael hoy

Andrew Everard:Childs1962:Hi Andrew, it would be interesting to get your view, when I say:

Do you agree?

Andrew,

Your not

Image removed for copyright reasons - MODS

are you?
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

michael hoy:Andrew Everard:Childs1962:Hi Andrew, it would be interesting to get your view, when I say:

Do you agree?

Andrew,

Your not

Image removed for copyright reasons - MODS

are you?
emotion-2.gif

reading "which" magazine
emotion-4.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
None of the above: not dressed in a suit, nor reading a newspaper, nor any other publication. Neither am I correcting grammar or spelling.

I am, however, removing copyright images, especially when they are sourced from very vigilant, and expensive, picture libraries.

michael hoy

Andrew Everard:None of the above: not dressed in a suit, nor reading a newspaper, nor any other publication. Neither am I correcting grammar or spelling.

What are you doing today besides watching this post and others?

michael hoy

Andrew Everard:
None of the above: not dressed in a suit, nor reading a newspaper, nor any other publication. Neither am I correcting grammar or spelling.

I am, however, removing copyright images, especially when they are sourced from very vigilant, and expensive, picture libraries.

Andrew,

I do know not to discuss mods.

Just to let you know the picture is royalty free, if i have got it wrong I apologise now.

Hi jase fox

"however, i rigged up my powerkords say, and yes i noticed a slight but
good improvement from the start but i just left them in as i had every
faith the burn-in process would take it's course accordingly. I didn't
know exactly how long this would take but 500 hrs was mentioned on the
RAs website"

So mains cables need burning in now
emotion-2.gif
Perhaps power stations should also burn in the electricity for 500 hours or so before sending it out
emotion-4.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

idc

There are problems trying to link to and report on testing of HDMI cables due to forum rules. But google is your friend and out there there are tests which show until an HDMI cable starts to fail with obvious sparkles etc, there is no difference in the signal that they transmit.

So if there are differences they are either down to

- a new unknown electrical effect

- the mind.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Childs1962:Hi Andrew, it would be interesting to get your view, when I say:

Do you agree?

And do you agree with my view?

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:

Hi jase fox

RAs website"

emotion-2.gif
Perhaps power stations should also burn in the electricity for 500 hours or so before sending it out
emotion-4.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

emotion-11.gif

well if it works for cables then burn in might work for me too, i'm off to the gym after this and i'll be expecting to be sharp
emotion-19.gif

1878858416_e0c83984de.jpg

emotion-2.gif

P]

A

Anonymous

Childs1962, instinct tells me this might be a case for leaving things be.

Andrew Everard is one of the moderators/referees/umpires of this forum, so he really should be neutral in this discussion as he has indeed been.

A

Anonymous

Grottyash:

Childs1962, instinct tells me this might be a case for leaving things be.

Andrew Everard is one of the moderators/referees/umpires of this forum, so he really should be neutral in this discussion as he has indeed been.

I fully agree that Andrew should be neutral in respect of brand A versus brand B etc though he may be able to express a view over what is a fairly straight forward technical matter.

Of course I would respect his decision not to if that is the case.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy:Childs1962:

The point is that with HDMI it is not a matter of subjectivity, if a cable works it will do exactly the same job as another one that works whatever the brand and cost.

It is rather like attaching 1m of hose pipe to a tap and suggesting that the more expensive hose makes the water taste and/or look better, it just doesn't happen, assuming the hose doesn't leak and is not blocked (i.e assuming the hose works) then the water coming out of the end will be the same.

On the otherhand if you feel better because you have an expensive cable then that is fine.

But the water can look and tast different depending on the material the hose is made of, yes you still get water out but with something added.

i.e. tiny particles of the hose material / chemical make up.

And not to forget water filters and what they do....

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:
Hi jase fox

RAs website"

emotion-2.gif
emotion-4.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Yes, they do very much so.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:
MUSICRAFT:

Hi jase fox

RAs website"

emotion-2.gif
emotion-4.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

emotion-11.gif

well if it works for cables then burn in might work for me too, i'm off to the gym after this and i'll be expecting to be sharp
emotion-19.gif

1878858416_e0c83984de.jpg

emotion-2.gif

P]

Yes you have a point there Max, as we where always told to have a warm up first before doing sports.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:
Hi jase fox

After market mains cables need burning in?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Every cable/interconnect/mains leads/powerblocks etc ALL need burn-in time to perform there best. I did mention all this on my previous post and to how i know cable burn-in makes a huge difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts