QED Micro Speaker Cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am currently waiting for my new Sony STRDA3200ESS HD Compatible ES Receiver to arrive (Denon AVR1707 broken and unrepairable) and decided I needed to update my surround sound speaker as the ones I am using are left over from my old Technics machine. Now do I go for the QED Micro Speaker Cable which will cost me about £48 pounds terminated at both ends or do I go for something cheaper I need about 8 meters in length?

Messiah

Well £48 does not seem a massive outlay and it should perform better than a cheaper cable. You will also have the piece of mind that you have a quality cable rather than a cheap one.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Messiah, Do you think its worth terminating both ends I was going to do just the amp but I thought for the price I might as well do both ends.

Messiah

I would for 2 reasons:

1 - It stops the end of the cable oxidising. (Although I doubt you would notice any detrimental effect!)

2 - For simple convenience of putting them in and out. It makes it much easier with plugs.

Hope this helps....

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
If the cable doesn't need to be especially thin, I would recommend the Van Damme Blue 1.5mm. I use it in my 2nd setup and it's excellent quality and thicker than the QED Micro. Thicker = better, it's as simple as that and it should be slightly cheaper than the QED Micro too. LINK I would only terminate if you're like me and constantly move things around. If not, bare wire is fine and you can trim the wires every now and again if you're bothered about oxidisation. Alternativel fit your own banana plugs or spades, you can get good ones on ebay for a few quid and they're cheaper than the airlocs that QED supply. The Airlocs are great but once they're on, they're on......

TRENDING THREADS