Q to Darren (Clearer Audio)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is a question/request for Darren @ Clearer Audio:

Do you have any plans to make an upgrade power supply for Cambridge Audio DacMagic? I would be interested in such a product and I'd think it could possibly be modified to fit Beresfords and other DACs/small equipment to have a wider application.

Russ Andrews came out with one but almost everyone here balked at the £99 price tag (that's 50% of the price of the DacMagic itself). I fail to understand their pricing - maybe just that there is no competition. A cheap power supply that comes with DacMagic will cost £5-15 at most, probably even less at wholesale prices. Now improvement to it can double or triple its price - say a max of £40.

Long story short, not asking you comment on your competitor, just curious if Clearer Audio would consider such a product at a reasonable price.

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi chainrock,

Apologies for not replying sooner.

I can confirm we have no plans for a power supply for the Cambridge Audio DacMagic. We always consider developing products that customers demand so a future universal power supply product could be possible if there is enough interest. However our development process takes a long time so if we did start developing such a product it would take quite a while before it was launched.

Sorry I cannot be of further help on this.

Best regards,
Darren

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, Darren.

I understand! But I think interest in universal power supply is there!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts