Q Acoustics M4 or Sonos Playbar

nevenmiskulin

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Reading the What HiFi recommendation for best soundbars, I've found two of my favourite... QAcu M4 won the under 500, Playbar under 750. if you substract the "Sonos" from the Sonos Playbar, is it really that much worse than the QAcoustics M4?

i would like to hear your opinion, mybe you've heard them both...

Neven

D

Deleted member 116933

nevenmiskulin said:
Reading the What HiFi recommendation for best soundbars, I've found two of my favourite... QAcu M4 won the under 500, Playbar under 750. if you substract the "Sonos" from the Sonos Playbar, is it really that much worse than the QAcoustics M4?

Neven

Personally i would prefer the sonos, it sounds pretty solid and is better made. But its lacking in conntivity but not really a problem if your connecting a an all sing and dancing streaming box/console to it. Its a nice neat solution really. Qm4 Just looks, well strange to me. And i dont think it sound as good when i listened to it for my games room. But i like a warmer more layed back sound which the the sonos gives in my opinion..... It really boils down to how much you wishe to spend.

nevenmiskulin

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
millennia_one said:
nevenmiskulin said:

Neven

Personally i would prefer the sonos, it sounds pretty solid and is better made. But its lacking in conntivity but not really a problem if your connecting a an all sing and dancing streaming box/console to it. Its a nice neat solution really. Qm4 Just looks, well strange to me. And i dont think it sound as good when i listened to it for my games room. But i like a warmer more layed back sound which the the sonos gives in my opinion..... It really boils down to how much you wishe to spend.

Thanks for your input. The problem here in Croatia is we do not have a store that holds both products so I can not make a direct comparison. I am drooling over the playbar since I have first heard it and would love to have an all in one solution. But! The QM4 cost half as much and has the built in sub, so I presume it should sound better. No pseudo surround effect is the QM4 big plus. You have heard both Sonos and QAcu? Both devices have wirelless option, but I think Playbars solution is better than bluetooth. I had a chance to listen to used Play 3 in my own home, and I was really surprised by both the sound and ease of use. So, I presume Playbar would fit my needs. The wallet would hurt a bit, and I am sure i will become hooked and want a Sonos Sub ASAP.

Neven

D

Deleted member 116933

nevenmiskulin said:
millennia_one said:
nevenmiskulin said:

Neven

Thanks for your input. The problem here in Croatia is we do not have a store that holds both products so I can not make a direct comparison. I am drooling over the playbar since I have first heard it and would love to have an all in one solution. But! The QM4 cost half as much and has the built in sub, so I presume it should sound better. No pseudo surround effect is the QM4 big plus. You have heard both Sonos and QAcu? Both devices have wirelless option, but I think Playbars solution is better than bluetooth. I had a chance to listen to used Play 3 in my own home, and I was really surprised by both the sound and ease of use. So, I presume Playbar would fit my needs. The wallet would hurt a bit, and I am sure i will become hooked and want a Sonos Sub ASAP.

Neven

ive heard both and the sonos is the better option. It doesn't have a placebo surround effect. It can be turned into a proper surround sound by adding some of the smaller play speakers. As and when fund allow so it has a good upgrade path.

But in regards to subwoofers the sonos sounds pretty poky without one. And the separate sonos sub is far more capable.

But you can add that later again when funds allow. Like I say buy once or you will always have that nagging feeling and you will end upgrading sooner.

Best wishes

Millennia

nevenmiskulin

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
millennia_one said:
nevenmiskulin said:
millennia_one said:
nevenmiskulin said:

Neven

Neven

ive heard both and the sonos is the better option. It doesn't have a placebo surround effect. It can be turned into a proper surround sound by adding some of the smaller play speakers. As and when fund allow so it has a good upgrade path.

But in regards to subwoofers the sonos sounds pretty poky without one. And the separate sonos sub is far more capable.

But you can add that later again when funds allow. Like I say buy once or you will always have that nagging feeling and you will end upgrading sooner.

Best wishes

Millennia

Thanks again. I've red that Qacu sounds best when turned out loud, I would prefer better clearer sounds (dialogue is the most important) when TV watching or music playing at normal levels. I think Playbar can give me just that. As you have said, I can add the SUB (or play 1,3) later to enhance the quality.

Thank you

Neven

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts