Q acoustics 2050i / Q Acoustics concept 40 Disappointment

damodollard

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Recently purchased the concept 40 speakers as an upgrade and being switching between the concept 40 and the 2050i and thinking the 2050i were the more expensive speaker.

Is it, I've hit audio nirvana with the 2050i with there larger cabinets and easy listening or is my setup some how inadequate for the concept 40. Either way I'm keeping existing setup and contemplating selling new speakers. Tried positioning, cables and sources With no success.

Your taughts would be appreciated

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
damodollard said:
Recently purchased the concept 40 speakers as an upgrade and being switching between the concept 40 and the 2050i and thinking the 2050i were the more expensive speaker.

Is it, I've hit audio nirvana with the 2050i with there larger cabinets and easy listening or is my setup some how inadequate for the concept 40. Either way I'm keeping existing setup and contemplating selling new speakers. Tried positioning, cables and sources With no success.

Your taughts would be appreciated
i think your on the button the 2050i are a bigger fun listen and you like the sound,the 40s will be tighter leaner more detailed,it may take a while to a appreciate the 40s,or you just prefare the 2050i,nothing wrong with that.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Looking at the specs I would expect the 2050i to have more bass and lower lows, maybe suited to a larger room, where as the smaller drivers and cabinet on the concept 40, 125mm will not go as low or sound as big -maybe better in a smaller room. Have you tried the 3050's yet?

damodollard

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
No have not tried the 3050's but can I just say how impressed I am (again) by the 2050i. Have them nearly three years and there back sitting on their throne again in my sitting room. Hours of listening with no fatigue. Don't know what I was thinking with the upgrade.

damodollard

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yep have to agree with you, life just short for an more expensive upgrade which you might come to appreciate with time. Tried everything with the concepts. The 2050i floorstanders are a class act, and with my setup, sitting room and my ears the concept 40s are going up for sale in the new year.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
damodollard said:
Recently purchased the concept 40 speakers as an upgrade and being switching between the concept 40 and the 2050i and thinking  the 2050i were the more expensive speaker.?

Is it, I've hit audio nirvana with the 2050i with there larger cabinets and easy listening or is my setup some how inadequate for the concept 40. Either way I'm keeping existing setup and contemplating selling new speakers. Tried positioning, cables and sources With no success.?

Your taughts would be appreciated?

This was my exact reaction after listening to both speakers, I thought the 2050i was by far the better sounding speaker. The concept 40's were just bright & thin sounding to my ears.

Just goes to show, more expensive does not mean your ears will always prefer that sound or presentation.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
jjbomber said:
My thoughts are that everyone should audition products before they buy them and this is a classic situation of just that. What is best for you will seldom be the same as what is best for the reviewers.
The problem is that most people are motivated by discounts, with little thought to how well their bargain buy will perform with the rest of their equipment or room, or whether they will even like the sound of said product. No discount can offset being unhappy with your system, or realising you just aren't keen on a product.

TRENDING THREADS