Q Acoustics 1000si sub crossover

markhooper32

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello wonder if anyone can help me but i noticed that on the back of my 1000si sub the crossover frequency knob can be turned all the way up to "AV" and i thought that around "90" was the norm!This is being run as part of a 7.1 outfit including some diamond 10.3's from an onkyo av amp. Enclosed are some pics hope you can help thankyou.
p1030090r.jpg
p1030089t.jpg

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
When i was running that sub, i always turned the crossover knob all the way round to AV and used the receiver to set the crossover levels. Think that's what it says in the manual too.

markhooper32

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks mate,yeah i looked in my manual but it says set it between 80 and 90 and it just made me wonder why it goes all the way round to "AV"! but thanks anyway i'll try it!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
mark,

I have the same sub in a 7.1 configuration and i have it set to AV as jammoe suggested. Using the recommended setting in the manual didn't provide enough depth to the bass and it all felt a little flat but using the AV setting soon reaped instant rewards for me and saved alot of hassle trying to get the level correct. AV is for amps that can set the levels themselves but obviously not all amps can do this which is why you have the option to set it manually and in this case a setting of around 90 would be a good starting point.

A

Anonymous

I would always suggest setting the cross over to the maximum first, as stated earlier, this will allow the AVR to determine the cross over setting.

TRENDING THREADS