Crossover Settings Q Acoustics 7000i

puppy8910club

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have Sony 1040 AV Reciever And Q Acoustics 7000i 5.1 setup The NEW Q Acoustics 7000i Series Center , Front , Rear speakers all have Frequency response 95Hz - 20KHz Subwoofer has Frequency response 30 Hz - 220 Hz What is the best Crossover setting to use on all of these? AUto cal suggests 120hz. I am not sure on LFE as i see no setting for this?? On the AV I have set the volume to around 10 o clock and the other crossover setting to "AV". Any suggestions please?

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
120 all round should be spot on with a sub sat combination,the lfe does not come into play because your speakers are set to small as should be,get used to it for a while and then try the subs volume up or down a bit to get it spot on,be aware most people will turn the sub up to much at first at the cost of detail.

puppy8910club

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
his dudeness said:
120 all round should be spot on with a sub sat combination,the lfe does not come into play because your speakers are set to small as should be,get used to it for a while and then try the subs volume up or down a bit to get it spot on,be aware most people will turn the sub up to much at first at the cost of detail.

Ok thats great thanks for info. I did tinker with 80hz as a load of reading suggestions this is a benchmark setting. The auto cal put my sub -2 and rears -5.5 / 6 respectivley. I have since increase sub to 0 . Tinkering also with the Sony 1040 EQ settings .

Side topic is it best to have "Auto Volume" on or Off ? I have dynamic range compression ON also. I have found that when watching a TV programe when the music kicks in it blast out for that period of time and i have to turn down tv and back up again to hear the speech after. Currently using the Sony STUDIO mode as the sound EQ

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Play around to your hearts content. Then, when all seems perfect, (take settings first) remove as much eq as possible. switch off any sound processing modes and see what you think.

I have come to the conclusion generally that less is more but different systems, different rooms, different ears & preferences - who knows?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts