help with wharfedale sw150 sub and boston acoustics satellites

alphabetagaga

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
guys new user here

i'm after some help setting up a wharfedale diamond sw150 subwoofer with a set of 5 boston acoustics soundware xs sateliite speakers.

the frequency response of the sw150 is 35Hz to 110Hz and the controls i can change on the sub are as follows

phase adjustment: 0º or 180º
crossover frequency: 35–85Hz (10Hz steps)

the specs of the boston satellites that i think are relevant are

crossover freq: 5kHz
freg response: 150Hz – 20kHz
impedence: 8 ohms
sensitivity: 85dB

the only thing i am fairly confident at setting is the volume control on the sub . i set this at 12 o'clock position. everything else on the sub i am just not sure what to set. the speakers and sub are connected to a yamaha RX-V673 receiver. the yamaha manual suggests setting the crossover on the sub to its maximum (85Hz)?

once i have the settings on the sw150 figured out, i can run the ypao auto setup feature on the yamaha. any help would be greatly appreciated

murapogilo

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
- Set phase adjustement to 0

- Set crossover frequentie to max

-Volume half way (12 o'clock)

=> run ypao

You don't have to worry about phase setting. Your sub and satellites don't overlap because your satellites have a frequency response (150Hz – 20kHz) above your sub. After running ypao you can test your sound and change your subs volume according to your preference but leave crossover of your sub at max.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts