PV1 Query.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I've recently taken to leaving my PV1 on 24/7, as it can sometimes be a bit tardy clicking on when set to auto.

The question is: Is it OK to do so?

I leave my Arcam amp & CD on all the time too and have done for years. It saves waiting for them to warm up and I've always thought that leaving components on all the time is actually better for them (Like a lightbulb, they tend to blow the moment they're turned on).

Thoughts?

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:I've recently taken to leaving my PV1 on 24/7, as it can sometimes be a bit tardy clicking on when set to auto.

The question is: Is it OK to do so?

I leave my Arcam amp & CD on all the time too and have done for years. It saves waiting for them to warm up and I've always thought that leaving components on all the time is actually better for them (Like a lightbulb, they tend to blow the moment they're turned on).

Thoughts?yes it should be fine Chris, ive had my subs for around 8yrs now & ive always left them on, however i have an arcam cd player & ive never left it switched on ! as you cant put arcams into standby can you? its just an off on button, so by leaving the arcam cd player on does it reap real benefits then would you say?

A

Anonymous

My roksan kandy doesnt have a standby mode :-o if you want to turn it of you have to use the big rocker switch on the back.

A

Anonymous

My PV1 is always on auto. I never touch the settings.
However, I bought a Tacima mains conditioner (mainly for surge protection). All my kit is wired into that apart from my Virgin V+ box.
As I have a double wall socket, I have the V+ in one, and the Tacima in the other. Every night / holiday etc, I just flick the mains Tacima switch and it is all off. The V+ stays on to maintain the series links etc. It is so much easier hitting one mains switch than the tv, amp, ps3 et...
Another great reason to buy a Tacima. You could do similar, and then not worry so much by leaving it on all the time (as all the time would be halved?).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts