PS3 support of NAS and Divx

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know if PS3 support NAS drive and Divx. I have a huge collection of Divx movies and wondering if make use of PS3 upscaling capabbility and get rid of few boxes from my entertainment shelf. I am currently using old XBOX with XBMC but it is noisy and doesn't upscale to 1080p.

Please let me know if I PS3 can connect to any NAS drive and play and upscale divx and mp4 movies. Thanks.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
PS3 will support a NAS as long as it's on the network and DLNA enabled e.g. some NAS devices come pre-installed with this such as the Buffalo Terastations. On the DivX and MP3 compatibility, officially the PS3 does support DivX and MP4 - most of my films are in MP4 format and work fine, but I have converted them specially into this format and specifically for PS3 usage using a free converter designed for this. I have not tried any DivX movies.

A

Anonymous

My PS3 plays many of my XviD files, but it is so finicky. I have a large collection already in place that I would view using my Buffalo LinkTheater, but when I try to play them on the PS3, many of them report as being corrupt .

Any advice?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts