PS3 or DVD player????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is it worth to spend 300-400£ on decent dvd player if I have PS3??? or is it wasting of money?? is PS3 good enough for movies?? Is it better to spend those money on a good cd player?? I have onkyo 905 and dali ikon 6. What do you think guys?? And if I buy dvd player for 300-400£ is it going to be very good for music???

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I think you're better off spending that money on a CD player if you want decent DVD and music performance. You can probably pick up a DVD player for that money which will be slightly better than the PS3 for DVD playback, but it won't be a lot better and neither of them will be great for music performance. Sticking with the PS3 with DVDs will give you very good DVD playback and a dedicated CD player will give you much better musical performance.
My old Marantz CD-63 KI Signature CD player sounds very good plugged into my Onkyo 905 for music playback when using the Pure Audio mode.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Agree with professorhat on this one. The PS3 is a perfectly decent DVD player for the money, I'd spend the extra money on a new CD player for music duties.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If you're looking for the best quality for £300, I wouldn't go for a CD changer - the mechanisms involved will compromise your sound. Any reason why you want to go Onkyo? For that price, I'd probably audition CD players from Cambridge Audio, Marantz or NAD.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
You could save Yorself a few quid and get on of these http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct_clearancebargains&pid=CAMB-AZUR640C-SIL an absolute bargain at £119 for a very capible CD player.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks again guys!! Professorhat the only reason is that I've got Onkyo amp and it would look better:) I thought is a good one:) D.J.KRIME so is cd player for 119 better for music than DVD player for around 400???

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I used to have a Cambridge 640c (which is the link I posted) and they used to retail at £250 but have been replaced by a newer version hence the bargain price of £119, for that price You would be getting a very good CD player.

Now I upgraded My DVD player to a DENON DVD3930 which I got Ex-Demo for £500 (RRP was £1100) which not only is it a Brilliant DVD Player but it is a extreamly Good CD player especially when used in DIRECT MODE so I no longer had use for the Cambridge as IMHO the Denon was far better.

Now seeing You have a PS3 which is OK for DVD the Cambridge at £119 is a good partner for Your CD's but IMHO if You can find a bargain as I did on something like the Denon 3930, it will do a much better job with both DVD and CD's compared to the PS3+Cambridge combination.
emotion-15.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts