PS3 and my Sony DAVIS-10

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks

My wife has bought me a PS3 for Christmas so I'm currenly trying to set it up. I currently have SKY HD plus a panasonic blu ray recorder DMP BD30 along with a 42 inch plasma tv whose model escapes me at present, but it was mft last year so its pretty up to date.

Anyway, prior to my arrival of my PS3, I had my Sony DAVIS-10 connected to my sky box with an olptical cable and then connected to my blu ray player with a coaxil so I could enjoy surround sound on sky and blu ray.

I'm thinking of giving my blu ray player away to my brother and just use the PS3 for playing blu ray.

However when I'm setting everything up, it appears the PS3 does not have a coaxit option (only optical) so I cant connect my sony system to the PS3? Is that right?

If so , how can I get surround sound on my pS3 for games and more importantly blu ray movies

I suppose I could dis-connect the optical cable from the sky box and put into the PS3, but then I would get no surround sound watching sky!

I never had this problem with my DMP BD30 as it had a coaxit option

Am I being stupid?

Could someone help me out with this please

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You need one of these

l34ak.jpg

A digital optical switch from Maplin - also available from similar outlets. It lets you connect up to three optical digital devices to a single input. You'll also need an extra optical cable to go to the DAV-IS10's optical input from the switch.

Plug the optical cables from your Sky HD and the PS3 into the switchbox, and the switchbox into the DAV-IS10, then it's just a matter of turning the knob to select between the two optical connections when required.

£12.99 for the switchbox, probably about £10-20 or so for the extra optical cable, job done.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
You need one of these

l34ak.jpg

A digital optical switch from Maplin - also available from similar outlets. It lets you connect up to three optical digital devices to a single input. You'll also need an extra optical cable to go to the DAV-IS10's optical input from the switch.

Plug the optical cables from your Sky HD and the PS3 into the switchbox, and the switchbox into the DAV-IS10, then it's just a matter of turning the knob to select between the two optical connections when required.

£12.99 for the switchbox, probably about £10-20 or so for the extra optical cable, job done.

Do they not affect the sound quality at all Andrew?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, shouldn't do, as long as digital signal is transmitted cleanly. Might not suggest it for a high-end digital player/DAC combo, but with a system such as the Sony all-in-one will be more than adequate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts