Problem with my Arcam AVR 600

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My 600 has started to switch off at random and then switch immediately back on again but sometimes lock up or go to standby. Its about to go back to Arcam for fixing but I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem? It is not related to high volume and seems to happen randomly, though usually once it has gone though a phase of on/offs it seems to work fine again. Today it did 6 on/offs in a row so its bye bye AVR I will miss you xx. Come back soon I love you.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Anyone who knows me well can attest to my utter unsuitability to be a therapist
emotion-4.gif
Just ask Jack....

nurse-ratched.jpg

A

Anonymous

Wish me luck on my long journey to the hospital for wayward Arcams.

A

Anonymous

My mistress is still away being fixed/replaced but I have noticed that with my SKY box fed directly to my TV by HDMI the picture is noticeably sharper. Has anyone else done an a/b comparison or noticed the same effect?

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
barrywi:My mistress is still away being fixed/replaced

I suspect when she comes back you'll still have the same issues until they find a firmware fix for her (which seems to be taking forever). I thought marriage counselling would be pointless, so I'm dumping her for an oriental!

A

Anonymous

barrywi: I have noticed that with my SKY box fed directly to my TV by HDMI the picture is noticeably sharper. Has anyone else done an a/b comparison or noticed the same effect?

I found the same thing to be the case, so I don't use the amp for video switching. Unless your display dosn't have enough hdmi inputs/ or is wall mounted (i.e. you want run as few cables as poss to it), I would take the video signal straight to the display and cut out the middle man!!

skr1

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
TrevD:
barrywi: I have noticed that with my SKY box fed directly to my TV by HDMI the picture is noticeably sharper. Has anyone else done an a/b comparison or noticed the same effect?

I found the same thing to be the case, so I don't use the amp for video switching. Unless your display dosn't have enough hdmi inputs/ or is wall mounted (i.e. you want run as few cables as poss to it), I would take the video signal straight to the display and cut out the middle man!!
strange that ...

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
TrevD:

The more cable terminations you have, the more likelihood there is for more noise to creep in. My Onkyo 905 used to add quite a bit of noise through the HDMI video switching compared to a direct connection to the TV. However, my AVR600 does reduce that significantly, only trouble is, I usually have to turn it on and off when switching to get a picture in the first place!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts