ProaC 140s with Naim Amps?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have the Naim CD5x, Harman Kardon 970 (75w), Paradigm Monitor 7's. I wanna keep the CD player, but upgrade the amp. I think I want to end up with most likely the ProaC 140 speakers, or at least something at that price point. Ideally Naim Amps would go best with this CD player as im sure most would agree. I know in the mean time these Naim amps would have no problems powering the Paradigms, but how would they handle the ProaCs at decent volumes? Are the seperates much better musically then the Nait? Both are 50w, but the seperates have more current and drive I was told?. The two amps being...Nait 5i ... or ...Naim NAC122x/NAP150X (both 50w). The SuperNait is $7000-$7500or so in NZ so 2690/2880 pounds. Other option was t go for another brand of amp with more juice....

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I heard the superNAIT and if I was the one that did the 1st test on WHF I would gave it 5 stars gold + product of the year awards for the next 3 years!!! that how good I think it is. So if you can afford it don't let the 4 stars rating put you off.

A

Anonymous

Didnt wanna know that! Wish the SuperNait was within reach... dreams are free! So anyone heard Naim Nait 5i vs NAC122x / NAP150X?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The NAC/NAP are better than the Nait5i (naturally) and I would choose Neat acoustic to partner them....try them with Proac by all mean but they would slightly slow the amp down as fast and hard is why people choose Naim in the first place (some may call them PRaTy) and expect some brightness with the combo. Price in UK for 2nd hand NAC122x / NAP150X is around £900 ish, Flatcap add £500, new price here is £ 1500.

A

Anonymous

I'd agree also on the Neat speakers,they match well to Naim amplifiers,the new momentums are excellent,very demanding though.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Kiwi_Jonno"]Didnt wanna know that! Wish the SuperNait was within reach... dreams are free! So anyone heard Naim Nait 5i vs NAC122x / NAP150X?[/quote] Yes I used to own a Nait5i and a good little amp it is,along with a cd5x its a very good combo.I home demoed a NAC122/150X back a couple of months and there is a big difference more PRAT detail ect but the party comes to town when you add the flatcap 2x The bass tightens up and instruments become clearer.But even without the flatcap it is a better combo than the Nait5i.But Naim arent cheap so best demo first.You may find Naim amps bright but speaker match can solve this.Neat are a good match for Naim amps but there are other speakers that also match.Speakers are a personal thing,Also cable! Take your time its a lot of wonga. Chris C.

A

Anonymous

Oh I havent seen Neat speakers in my city in NZ but am sure they are there. I heard the Naim speakers with the Naim gear. I think they were the Allae, which I note are up to 150w and 88db sensitivity. I was very impressed by the looks/build quality of these speakers. There seemed to be good bass and detail, but they were very "dark" if that is the correct term. Nothing like iv heard (I havent heard that much mind you). I think though they would be to dark or cold for me to live with, but in the hour or so demo I enjoyed them. What other speakers go well with Naim?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts