Primare

Ian C79

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello to all

I am looking for an upgrade of my multichannel amp for running of MA RX surround package.

I was able to hear the combination between MA RX and Pioneer SC LX 87 and 86. The combination with 87 sounded very good (better than 86) and I almost went for the deal (£ 1.700). But the issue here is that another dealer offered me a Primare SPA 23 for a very good price (£ 2.300), but unfortunately without possibility for a demo with my speakers. I read all great reviews from experts and users about Primare (especially for music listening – 2 or 5 channel), but I was not able to find any combination related to my speakers.

So, the question here is does anybody have experience with combination of Primare and MA RX? Should I spend £ 600 more and go for Primare or should I forget about Primare and go for the Pioneer? Any other option (Arcam, Denon,…) is almost impossible, since I am not able to demo them in near future.

Thanks in advance.

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have not heard this with the MA im afraid but the Primare is a great amp and is one of the best sounding I have heard. There is no doubt in my mind that it will sound better than the Pioneer in every facet. The downside is that you do not get a lot of the bells and whistles on it, which you would get on the Pioneer. Buying blind is never advised unless you have the option to send it back if you dont like it (you might want to check this).

Having not sold the Primare for a year or so im not sure what has changed but you didnt used to get any room correction with them at all, and all of the set-up had to be done manually which needed the advice either of a helpful dealer or helpful forum members.

it is definatley worthy of consideration but you will need to do a bit of research into the specification and idealy listen to it one way or another. Another amplifier brand worth mentioning is the Anthem MRX range due to arrive on our shores shortly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts