Primare I30 vs MF A5?

iRog

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
I notice that the MF A5 doesnt feature in the WHF buyers guides for integrated amps, presumably because it's no longer available in the UK. The A5 is still available downunder for about the same money as the I30, so I'd be interested in whether your reviewers have compared the two or whether you have an opinion on how they would rank? Cheers, Rog

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Still available in the UK, just never been submitted to WHFSV for review. Haven't tested the Primare myself, although I know the WHFSV review crew really rate it - it won an Award last year. But the A5 was tested by Gramophone magazine, and rated very highly indeed for its power, lucidity and sheer muscality.

I guess at this level you really do have to do some audtioning for yourself...

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
What is a good amp?? For me I want an amp that have a total control of my speakers, even the higher sensitive pair do need to be driven correctly at low or high volume. I want an honest amp that doesn't add foot print on the sound of my hifi system so system matching with other components will become easier. I want an amp that build like a tank, in fact for that price bracket, I want it to be a bomb proved tank. I am a proud onwer of musical fidelity A5. PS it replaced my Krell 400Xi and as good as Krell was I don't miss it at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts