Predator remastered

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Audioaffair i am compairing it to the first bu-ray relaese and i promise its all brand new baby compaired to the grainy original.........ill be back.............

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Sure, let me know..
emotion-1.gif

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
grifz:Audioaffair i am compairing it to the first bu-ray relaese and i promise its all brand new baby compaired to the grainy original.........ill be back.............

grifz, how do you tell it apart from the first blu-ray release? On the shelf I mean - has it got 'remastered' on the front? How about the DTS-MA mix, have they provide a 7.1 mix (crosses fingers)?

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Whats the newe "Predator" movie like....? I loved the original, absolutely hated "2", never wasted time watching any of the Alien vs rubbish; so to get the box set the third movie would have to be at least 'watchable' to justify £23 on the box set.....

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
lcd4ever:Whats the newe "Predator" movie like....? I loved the original, absolutely hated "2", never wasted time watching any of the Alien vs rubbish; so to get the box set the third movie would have to be at least 'watchable' to justify £23 on the box set.....

Its a 5 out of 10 at best - it tries to capture some elements of the original film, but lacks any real plot, and makes the Predators far to easy to kill!!

I wouldn't dismiss AVP until you've seen it. As long as you watch it with the view that its a seperate film, and not trying to follow on from either Aliens or Predator, its very watchable!

That said, Predator, what a film! I know Arnie is never going to win an Oscar for an acting performance, but that film, even when I watch it now, is timeless. You watch other older films with SFX and they look dated, but Predator still looks fresh . . . I grew up on these films and they're great!

Has anybody watched the US blu-ray release of Terminator? Another must own me thinks...

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Agreed, it was a great movie; just had a look on Play.com and there is a new single Blu-Ray release,' Predator; Ultimate Hunter Edition' for £13.99, purports to be a new HD remaster, think I may just order this....

TRENDING THREADS