Faulty Player?

Toolpusher

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the same BD player for over three years, most of that time with a 22" Baird HD-ready TV. I was always happy enough with the picture, considering the TV wasn't a big name. However the TV, which I got second-hand in the first place, died a natural death the other week. I've been saving for a better, large screen TV, but I'm due to move home soon, and so decided to hold off until I've done so-one less bulky item to shift.

So, I bought a Samsung UE24H4003AWXXU 24 Inch HD Ready TV. It works just fine with Freeview HD, but when I try to play blu ray discs, the TV now only runs at 720x480i, and looks pretty rough. I contacted Samsung email support who were no help. I've tried going through the settings on both devices but couldn't find anything that helped. I even tried buying a new HDMI cable on the off-chance that the very old one I had been using was a problem, no joy. The BD player seems to work fine, fully functional apart from the drop in resolution.

Anyone got any thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Your Blu Ray player will output in 1080p (1920x1080) maximum, but your tv will only do 720p (1280x720), so you need to change the output resolution on the Blu Ray player to 720p (1280x720).

Toolpusher

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help people, you got it spot on. A swift reset of the output resolution on the BD player from "auto" to "720p" fixed the issue. Much appreciated. :)

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Problem solved in only 6 posts? Simply not good enough. I was thinking RF interference, poor HDMI cable, pixel burn, poor mains ....

Quite good to see simple advice :)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Toolpusher said:
Thanks for the help people, you got it spot on. A swift reset of the output resolution on the BD player from "auto" to "720p" fixed the issue. Much appreciated. :)

*good*

TRENDING THREADS