Pondering new DVD player

Over the Christmas period my Sony DVD recorder has started to mess around - it's been iffy for a while. I've already had it repaired back in the summer, but time is catching up with it.

My budget is limited to, maybe, 300/400 quid. I'm not fussed if it's a recorder or a DVD player, but it must be an improvement on my Sony (sound and picture-wise).

I've been searching out Marantz and Arcam's that are on offer at the moment. Sound quality takes priority over absolute picture quality.

Suggestions please.

Tonestar1

Hi,

I'm now running a Arcam AVR350 and DV135 through a set of B&W 684s and to my ear it sounds fantasic. At the price I got them for (Less than £850 combined) I really beleive it's hard to beat for stereo in this price bracket. I have the speakers bi amped and the sounstage this combo produces is fantastic.

Thanks

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
If sound quality is your priority, bear in mind that the improvement in audio from Blu-Ray is at least as significant as the visual dimension. ÿIf your amp can't decode the new HD audio formats, you could buy a player which does that and send the information via analogue. ÿYou would still be able to watch upscaled DVD - my Sony blu-ray player is almost as good an upscaler as my Pioneer TV.

TRENDING THREADS