Please Help, Problems with Sky HD box and yamaha 467

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just received my new sky hd box as the other packed up as soon as I connected my hdmi and optical leads! The engineer went through 3 boxes to try and get picture to come up. On my last box, I managed to get the blue screen and also the update screen on the tv (via the receiver). Then the sky box froze up!

I can't get a picture or anything connecting the sky box through the av receiver. When the engineer connected the sky box directly to my tv using the hdmi lead that came with the box, it is working. This means there is no problem with the new sky box and the issue is with the receiver.

The receiver works perfectly when used with my ps3.

I have a 5m qed hdmi and 5m ixos optical lead connected to the yamaha receiver, the ps3 connected to the receiver via monster 2m hdmi, and a qed 3m hdmi lead connected to the tv. Both the 5m leads are placed under the carpet and hidden away (if that makes a difference).

I don't understand why this is happening. I'm quite sure I have connected everything right.

Someone please shed some light. My first home cinema system and it's doing my head in :(

Thanks in advance

Tom

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi Tom

There has to be a setting in the receiver to tell it to use the hdmi signal as video and optical as audio. Have you tried just connecting the hdmi to receiver without connecting the optical cable - see if that works first, if it does you know it's a setting issue. Out of interest are you able to run the hdmi straight to the tv, that's what I do.

Matt

A

Anonymous

Hi matt,

I have disconnected all the leads, done the update etc. still nothing! When I switch the power off to the sky box, leave it off for a minute then switch on, I get the Sky +, please wait screen on the tv. I even get the red hdmi logo to say it's picked it up but showing no signal coming in. Shortly after, the sky box switches off and at the same time the hdmi light goes out. After that whatever I press using either the sky remote or the buttons on the sky receiver, nothing happens.

Do you reckon it will work if i connect the optical to the receiver and connect the sky box via hdmi to the tv. This did work earlier but i didn't connect the optical lead.

This is quite rubbish as I have hidden all wires and took a day to do a nice and tidy job so only one lead is going to the tv (hdmi out from receiver). Now I will probably have to connect another to the tv! :(

A

Anonymous

Ok guys, I have now connected the sky box to the tv via hdmi and an optical lead to the receiver and all is working fine (sound controlled through one remote etc.). I'm happy with the outcome, just have to try and hide the extra hdmi lead! I now have a spare qed 5m hdmi lead (hardly used and a week old).

A

Anonymous

Anyone got any suggestions to why my sky box freezes? I would like to connect sky box through receiver to save on having an extra lead sticking out the tv.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Try setting the SKY picture resolution settings to 1080i and see if this solves the issue. The auto setting used to mess with with my AV amp, making the Sky box freeze up all the time.

Vance

A

Anonymous

Hi Vance,

It's already set to 1080i. Don't understand why it's doing this?

A

Anonymous

Japk, sounds to me its a HDMI issue with your TV and AVR, it might be a silly question at this point, but have you tried a couple of different leads.?

Also, is your TV 1080p or 720p/1080i, just thinking it maybe a de-interlacing issue.

Have you tried the 720p setting on the sky?

A

Anonymous

What's the amp hdmi control settings, if the resolution is set to 720/1080i/1080p you could maybe try setting it too through ?

Just a thought

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS