Please help choose

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please excuse the slightly longish email but i feel i need to explain my dilemma.

I am from india and in the market for a 40 / 42 in falt tv for viewing dvds hd - bluray, playing nintendo wii and playstation for long periods with friends, viewing regional satellite sky hd on an average of 3 hours per day (and they have a fixed logo at the bottom of the screen - possible plasma burn in?)

I am aware of the comparisons between LCD and Plasma and have short listed four makes (Panasonic, Sony and Samsung are available in India through authorsied dealers and Pioneer is through private imports). I have listed two LCDs as i feel these two models are feature rich and especially the W 300.

Pioneer PDP 428 XG

Panasonic 428PY700H

Samsung LA40 M81B

SONY KLV-W300A

I would really appreciate your ranking my choice considering my application, future proofing technology as i intend not to change the tv for at least 5 years and even then will pass it on to the kids, also after sales service -(pioneer doesnt have a nation wide presence).

I also intend to add a media centre with home theatre capability (is there a one box solution on a budget equivalent of 1000 pounds)

Please help and many thanks in advance

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Hello Sardana, the Pioneer, Sony and Panasonic are all excellent tv's I would stay away from the Samsung I do not rate them at all if you what the best of the best then go for the Pioneer as for screen burn Pioneer have a system that moves a pixel at a time while you are watching the tv (you will not nottice this) I forget what they call it but it will stop any screen burn, as for the Sony and Panasonic they are both fantastic tv's as well and as you say they are easier to get in India I really don't think you could go wrong with buying any of these three tv's I really like Panasonic but Sony have cought up with their lcd's and I think the Sony looks a really good design too.

A

Anonymous

thanks kitkat, anyone second that and any info on the home cinema system? guys all the intended help and advice much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

For such a screen size i think a plasma would be a better choice, my advice is to wait for the new models coming up from panasonic soon, if you really want an lcd i would recommend the new samsung full HD 40" with a 25000 contrast ratio and a 100hz.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts